Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
after many hours.. i fix my grafic card (gtx 1080) on mojave....
lol you couldnt take a screenshot neither i see, comes out blurry soon as the editor opens it

The wait is ridiculous tho, apple never seems to impress anyone

We will find out next week as AMD's rumoured exclusive contract with Apple - which prohibits any rival manufacturer support - expires end of 2018. Check back middle of next week and lets hope for Mojave web drivers
:headbang:

Why didn't this exclusive prevent High Sierra drivers from being released?

i got screenshot to work, i was just very impatient. No hardware acceleration takes forever to render. Nvidia needs to leak a beta driver or something. Guess we will see what happens when this contract runs out

Running the high sierra .113 drivers so i can at least deal with my screen resolution.

Edit: Also trying out AppleACL instead of voodoo since this post. So far no more static popping crap.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 1.13.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-12-27 at 1.13.32 AM.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 349
Last edited:
I tried installing Mojave on my NVIDIA GTX 950 based graphics card, waiting for the web drivers in the future, but since I have no integrated GPU at installation screen it tells me MOJAVE cannot be installed on metal unsupported cards...does it mean I have no chance to install Mojave anyway?

thanks in advance

We will find out next week as AMD's rumoured exclusive contract with Apple - which prohibits any rival manufacturer support - expires end of 2018. Check back middle of next week and lets hope for Mojave web drivers
:headbang:

Please cite your sources with links. We all know there is some kind of Apple-AMD non-public agreement. But where does this rumor (contract expiration end of 2018) come from?

Why didn't this exclusive prevent High Sierra drivers from being released?

My point exactly.

Hey everyone, long time first time.

I'm just wondering if using the workaround posted throughout this thread will make installing the Mojave signed drivers more difficult when they are eventually released? I imagine when installing the Mojave drivers it will simply replace whatever drivers I was previously using, along with any changes the workaround entails.

I foolishly upgraded assuming the drivers would be available since it's been so long since Mojave was released. I have a backup but don't really want to revert the disk. I'm thinking I'll use the workaround so I can at least use the OS for non video-intensive purposes (mostly Ableton Live). All my project files are on macOS and I don't really want to transfer them to Windows. I also just don't want to use Windows, haha. However, I'll probably just wait if the workaround is going to cause me problems in the future.

I recently decided to turn my hackintosh running High Sierra onto a server to store and backup my iCloud datas. So I installed Mojave on a 1TB hard drive and of course I can't get graphic acceleration with my 960GTX card. But it's a server right ? So it doesn't matter ? Ho, yes it does. I can't open Preview, for instance. And I want to be able to open it when I will be using this server remotely. So, as I have a integrated graphic card, I just removed the nVidia. And it worked. Graphic Acceleration is working even if I did't re-ran multibeast for the drivers.

So it would be better to stay at 10.3.6, if you using native Nvidia web drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back