Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you get any lag in launchpad ui?? Seems like hardware acceleration is not working with high sierra web drivers

I didn't realise it at first, but after reading your post I've checked it, and yes - I have a lag too. However, it's not a problem for me, because I'm using Launchpad like a few times per year. Alfred FTW. ;)

On the other hand, I have a different problem. My Safari tabs are messed up. I'm using the light theme, and they are black, and blinking when I move the cursor. Surprisingly, they are grey on the screenshot... yeah, definitely it's a problem related to drivers. :)

I didn't realise it at first, but after reading your post I've checked it, and yes - I have a lag too. However, it's not a problem for me, because I'm using Launchpad like a few times per year. Alfred FTW. ;)

On the other hand, I have a different problem. My Safari tabs are messed up. I'm using the light theme, and they are black, and blinking when I move the cursor. Surprisingly, they are grey on the screenshot... yeah, definitely it's a problem related to drivers. :)

Its not an ordinary driver problem this time. With Mojave 10.14 apple is using Metal 2 API (similar to DX12, Vulkan) to render UI instead of OpenGL. It may take huge time and efforts from nvidia to make its web drivers fully compatible with Metal API.

Its not an ordinary driver problem this time. With Mojave 10.14 apple is using Metal 2 API (similar to DX12, Vulkan) to render UI instead of OpenGL. It may take huge time and efforts from nvidia to make its web drivers fully compatible with Metal API.

You are probably right. MacOS market share is just a drop in the ocean. That's because I've changed my mobo main graphics card to iGPU, have changed some parameters in my config, and everything is working flawlessly now. No glitched tabs! ;) It's a pity that my 1080Ti is useless now, but it wasn't useful under MacOS ever. I need that beast for VR which I'm obviously using under the other OS. :p

NVIDIA Gforce 710.

Please enter your hardware components in your Personal Details section of your account as per the Rules: Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for.

Desktop profile field recommendations:

• Motherboard: limited to manufacturer, model, UEFI/BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming - 1002 - Clover UEFI. For Pre-built computers simply state the PC make model and form factor i.e. HP 8300 SFF - Dell 7010 MT etc.
• CPU: limited to model number and clock speed if over-clocked, i.e. i7-8700 or i7-8700K OC 4.5 GHz.
• Graphics: limited to model, i.e. GTX 1070, R9 570, HD 4000, HD 630 or GTX 1060 / HD 630.

You are probably right. MacOS market share is just a drop in the ocean. That's because I've changed my mobo main graphics card to iGPU, have changed some parameters in my config, and everything is working flawlessly now. No glitched tabs! ;) It's a pity that my 1080Ti is useless now, but it wasn't useful under MacOS ever. I need that beast for VR which I'm obviously using under the other OS. :p

Haha... Thats so true. Maybe with Metal 2, things will change for macOS. I had no idea we can use intel HD graphics too. Thx for sharing

Last edited:
NVIDIA Series 7xx family is native support by macOS, it doesn't need web driver.
Nope. No Nvidia or AMD series has native support. Only specific graphic cards that had been used in apple products have inbuilt drivers in macOS. Their is no such thing as native support.

NVIDIA Series 7xx family is native support by macOS, it doesn't need web driver.
My gtx780 is working but, but transitions are very choppy, so yes it is working but not well, didn't even try to install anything from adobe. Guess i'll have to wait for web and cuda drivers but i don't get it, beta was released a long time ago.

@fdiegosb That would explain it - to the best of my knowledge that card does not need the web drivers

I updated last night. I have gtx 1070 and got the web driver message. The display is fine on the laptop; but it will not display to my connected 27 inch cinema display. Can i just use kext instead of the web drivers? The display uses mini display port. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back