Contribute
Register

Nvidia Drivers for Mojave 10.14 Not Available, no WorkAround works well

Status
Not open for further replies.
I updated last night. I have gtx 1070 and got the web driver message. The display is fine on the laptop; but it will not display to my connected 27 inch cinema display. Can i just use kext instead of the web drivers? The display uses mini display port. thanks
I only get one display output too. Weird.

I only get one display output too. Weird.

I am going to start in safe mode when i get home. There is also a firmware update pending. (thunderbolt 1.2) I read where you should update with the laptop open as disconnect the display. I am using smbios for imac on a laptop; but it worked fine for high sierra 10.13.4. I did not update to 10.13.6. I may change the smbios to mac pro more recent. I will report back if the safe mode works to fix. everything else works, imessage, mail, internet etc. dark mode too. Just only outputs to the laptop display. I also may update the clover bootloader. I am using the one for high sierra; but trying not to change too many things at once.

I am going to start in safe mode when i get home. There is also a firmware update pending. (thunderbolt 1.2) I read where you should update with the laptop open as disconnect the display. I am using smbios for imac on a laptop; but it worked fine for high sierra 10.13.4. I did not update to 10.13.6. I may change the smbios to mac pro more recent. I will report back if the safe mode works to fix. everything else works, imessage, mail, internet etc. dark mode too. Just only outputs to the laptop display. I also may update the clover bootloader. I am using the one for high sierra; but trying not to change too many things at once.
Get rid of the thunderbolt update if not applicable:

Type:
softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

Into terminal.

Get rid of the thunderbolt update if not applicable:

Type:
softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

Into terminal.

ok. thanks.

not Cuda Not nvidia WebDriver for Mojave = Not acceleration graphic

Well, this isn't looking good:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

This is Varun, assisting you with your query.

From the email description, I understand that you have a query regarding graphics drivers for Mojave.

Nvidia is working on an update to Mac drivers that includes support for the latest MacOS and Turing GPUs.

I'm sorry, I do not have any information about the time. When it is released, it should be available here:https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Feel free to let us know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Varun
NVIDIA Customer Care
From Macrumours thread here: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/when-might-the-nvidia-web-driver-for-mojave-drop.2143833/

As I have already posted on other Nvidia Mojave related threads ....

We are not going to see a Mojave WebDriver form Nidia anytime soon, this time Nvidia will have to write all new drivers from the ground up to support Apple's new Metal 2 API which will not be a simple or trivial task, it's going to take weeks if not months.

You should also consider that Nvidia have just released the RTX cards to early adopters who can not currently the Tensor features due to missing driver support .... I think it's quite likely that most if not all of Nvidia's software/driver development team are working on this as Windows accounts for 95% of Nvidia sales.

Writing a new macOS driver from the ground up will not be a high priority for Nvidia so I personally don't think we'll see anything till next year, i'm sure they get around to it but only once they have the resources available.

If have a 9XX or 10XX series Nvidia card that you use in OSX then the only option right now is to stick with High Sierra and wait.
If you cant wait then the only other options right now are to use IGPU or replace Nvidia with AMD/Radeon GPU.

I'm in the same boat as I have a 980-Ti in my desktop video editing system, you can tell just how seriously Nvidia takes MacOS by the above post, the link that the representative posted is not correct, Nvidia never post the WebDrivers on that page.

Cheers
Jay

Hi guys,

Here a GTX780Ti on a P9X79ws. Same problem of course. But it "seems" that I found a workaround. To avoid the black screen after boot during the installation I go with the nv_disable=1 and it's all ok.
Then I downloaded the last Nvidia driver, extracted the files form the pkg installation and copied the kexts (with the right chmod chown etc) in the extensions folders.
After rebooting I had the same black screen (no signal) problem but I tried to install WhateverGreen kext and now it seems that all works well with hw acceleration etc. To be honest I don't know if the problem has been solved by WhateverGreen AND the Nvidia kext, or only thanks to WhateverGreen. But I can prove that the combination of both work. A good try could be to install only WhateverGreen and see what happen.

In any case the kext that I'm using are:

WhateverGreen
Lilu
NvidiaGraphicsFixup

Hope to be useful to this beautiful forum.

After rebooting I had the same black screen (no signal) problem but I tried to install WhateverGreen kext and now it seems that all works well with hw acceleration etc. To be honest I don't know if the problem has been solved by WhateverGreen AND the Nvidia kext, or only thanks to WhateverGreen. But I can prove that the combination of both work. A good try could be to install only WhateverGreen and see what happen.

In any case the kext that I'm using are:

WhateverGreen
Lilu
NvidiaGraphicsFixup

@frankcesco,

Nvidia 780 uses the Nvidia Kepler chipset which is supported in Mojave by an Apple driver, hence the reason it works, no need for the WebDriver (it is probably doing nothing in this case)

NvidiaGraphicsFixup is depreciated and will cause issues/conflicts if used in-conjunction with WhatEverGreen use one or the other not both ... suggest you just use the latest WhateverGreen kext.

See the Preliminary section in the official WEG guide :-

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-intel-framebuffer-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Just updated my hackintosh (i5-4460, gtx750ti) from high sierra to Mojave.
But wired to know there are no official nvidia web drivers available for Mojave at the moment.

I managed to run old high sierra web drivers on mojave using this

https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

But hardware acceleration is missing bcoz mojave is using Metal 2 Api for rendering ui animations.

Nvidia do Something.
Will there be any issues once NVIDIA releases the correct drivers. Will this work around somehow affect the new drivers once released?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back