Graphics
EVGA GTX 650
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Sorry, I'm really new at this. I'm having trouble getting my 10.8.3 machine to recognize my EVGA GTX 650. Most things I've seen have suggested installing these drivers:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html

Unfortunately, it seems like these are really specifically for 10.8.2. My question is, will NVIDIA put out new ones at some point? How long does it typically take?

Well, we really have no idea. :geek:

But I did a bit of investigating, the 10.8.2 drivers were released October 2nd, 2012

The 10.8.2 Update was released September 19th, 2012
http://www.tonymacx86.com/209-os-x-10-8-2-update.html

I guess ~ 2 weeks and we'll have new NVIDIA 10.8.3 drivers posted. Although I am using the native 10.8.3 drivers and they work really really well on my 640 and 660.

And the 650 should too, I think. Does it normally take any fiddling?

I actually had it working in safe mode a few days ago, but I reinstalled ML because I got stuck with some other issues, and it hasn't worked since. It just shows up as an unnamed 3MB NVIDIA card with no acceleration.

Yeah, I've been doing that. :cry:

I will when I get home. For me it's been showing up as a 3MB NVIDIA card with GraphicsEnabler=No, and a 0MB card with GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Could it be because I never had 10.8.2 installed, and didn't get some driver or another set up?

Well, we really have no idea. :geek:

But I did a bit of investigating, the 10.8.2 drivers were released October 2nd, 2012

The 10.8.2 Update was released September 19th, 2012
http://www.tonymacx86.com/209-os-x-10-8-2-update.html

I guess ~ 2 weeks and we'll have new NVIDIA 10.8.3 drivers posted. Although I am using the native 10.8.3 drivers and they work really really well on my 640 and 660.
Hi Tony What about Nvidia Fermi cards ( i have GTX 560(non TI)) I feel it freezing time to time i have to power off my system. Console report that Open GL error so i return to 10.8.2 there is no problem. Any way to solve?

regarding the whole nvidia GraphicsEnabler=No issue ive found that if you have an nvidia card that wont operate correctly or wont work. Install official drivers from nvidia but make sure your mac type e.g.:- smbios is set to a mac pro. Ive been setting mine to MacPro 5,1. I had a system i manually installed the kexts to but still no dice but when i changed the system type........bingo no issues at all. I have not seen this documented anywhere yet. I run a XFX Geforce 9600 GT which to be honest i wouldnt change for the world (never let e down or been a problem). But my solution worked on whats appears to be a hit and miss card 1GB EVGA GT430 on 10.6.8. Up to changing system type I would just get black screen with pointer then 5mins and a spinning wheel.

Yeah, I've tried a few different system profiles. Did you get it working in 10.8.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back