Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually wanted to trade my 1080 for a Titan X (Maxwell) but got this news before the trade went trough :D

You have to consider, that already a GTX 1070 is on par with the Maxwell Titan X, for just a third of the usual used price of the Titan X. Glad NVIDIA announced this!

FINALLY.

Sold my GTX 1080 (gave up hope) - bought a RX 480 - not satisfied with Internal Graphics "boot solution" - returned RX 480- bought a GTX 770 (satisfied, but no good for gaming with my 4k LG Monitor, now putting it in my Server machine).

FINALLY. Bought 1070 from KFA2.

:lol:

FINALLY.

Sold my GTX 1080 (gave up hope) - bought a RX 480 - not satisfied with Internal Graphics "boot solution" - returned RX 480- bought a GTX 770 (satisfied, but no good for gaming with my 4k LG Monitor, now putting it in my Server machine).

FINALLY. Bought 1070 from KFA2.

:lol:
Ohh.. How much €$£ did you lose during this journey?

Well, I can't match other people's full-on enthusiasm, BUT I'd just like to add ... I'm very pleased by this development! :)

(And I have a GTX 1050 on order :D )

Last edited:
Yeeeeeeeeeeee
I'm very happy

Thanks God. I didn't sold my 1080 G1.
Using 710/R7 460 to boot the Sierra from last 6 months.

Thank You nVidia. You saved us.

Last edited:
Which glitches? The only issue i have experienced is photoshop showing mangled lines when drawing on my 27" Cintiq, which was solved by 'downgrading' the PS accelleration from advanced to basic (On a gtx970). These days i only run windows while waiting for the beta driver for my gtx1070 :)
I do have the full Adobe CC subscription so i can test for you if you want when the beta driver comes.
Serious glitching occurs when using Adobe Premiere or After Effects with CUDA acceleration enabled. Here are a couple of threads that report this issue, with screenshots and all that:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/strange-artifacts-with-gtx-980ti.181250/

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gtx-950-strange-glitch.206877/

This happens with "fully supported" NVIDIA Maxwell cards, so the question @Snowy did is accurate: will this continue to happen with 10 series or will the new driver solve it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back