Contribute
Register

NVIDIA Announces 'Pascal' Graphics Drivers Coming to MacOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
It great, only thing i need to reach GPU nirvana, is possibility to disable second Nvidia GPU for Mac OS.

I want to use second older GPU because of Windows XP retro gaming, its working fine with Win 7, 10 multiboot, but im not sure if Mac OS is able to boot/work correctly with two PCI-E GPUs? I just need to make Mac OS to ignore second GPU, i dont need SLI or use it for PhysX etc..

I was able to make Windows XP booting on Broadwell machine, there are X99 boards with WinXP support too.

Currently running a single box with a gtx970 for my mac SSD via HDMI to monitor, with a gtx1080-via display port to the same monitor. Set startup to the 970. To boot in windows, I just F12 at startup, choose my M2 SSD Windows 10 Boot Drive and hit return. Have to switch my monitor input on the fly, but Win 10 picks up the 1080 mid boot and all is good. I am looking forward to, sometime EARLY next week I hope, to going back to one card and being able to avoid the boot dance. Although it's probably 1080ti time, and I WILL have to figure out what to do with some cards. Not extravagant but just a HUGE VR gearhead looking for the best resolution capabilites possible at all time. (Hope this helps)
WRC

I have the GTX 1060 and have been waiting patiently. Just ordered an SSD to put the install on.

Finally, I don't have to keep unplugging my 1080 ti when I want to boot osx :D

:headbang: Finally X-Mas

awesome-gif.gif

FINALLY, NO MORE INTEL GRAPHICS !! Hope this support the GTX 1060 as I mostly read about the GTX 1070/1080

FINALLY, NO MORE INTEL GRAPHICS !! Hope this support the GTX 1060 as I mostly read about the GTX 1070/1080
It should work for all 10-series GPU's as they run the same Pascal architecture

It should work for all 10-series GPU's as they run the same Pascal architecture

I figured as much but with apple and nvidia you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back