Contribute
Register

Not getting any video after installing Sierra...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H270N-WIFI
CPU
i5 7500T
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I completed the Sierra installation okay. I had to use the nv_disable=1 flag in order to complete it but now that it's installed, the only way I can get any video out of my rig is to use that flag. Otherwise it boots up to a black screen.

I put in the latest Nvidia web drivers but it didn't help, even using the nvda_drv=1 flag.

I feel like I've had this problem in the past but several years ago, so it's all blurry to me and I can't remember what I might have done to treat it. As my profile states it's a GTX 650 Ti.

I fixed my signal issue by following this advice from another thread:

Edit this file:
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and change 'Config2' to 'none' for your board id (for example: B809C3757DA9BB8D) (check SMBios for your configured board id)

then rebuild caches:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

Having the same issue with a 660Ti, going to try tasc method.
mine works perfectly fine for GTX 660ti OOB, i didnt install any nvidia drivers, check your config on the USB installer especially to the graphics option inject intel might have been selected, I have the same graphics card as you are MSI 2gb GTX 660Ti Power Edition

@SolidSonicTH
GTX650ti should work OOB, you don't have to use Nvidia Web Drivers

Note: I deleted the SMBios part of my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 266
Last edited:
mine works perfectly fine for GTX 660ti OOB, i didnt install any nvidia drivers, check your config on the USB installer especially to the graphics option inject intel might have been selected, I have the same graphics card as you are MSI 2gb GTX 660Ti Power Edition

@SolidSonicTH
GTX650ti should work OOB, you don't have to use Nvidia Web Drivers

Note: I deleted the SMBios part of my config.plist
Got it working using Legacy config.plist 14,2

I fixed my signal issue by following this advice from another thread:

Edit this file:
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext/Contents/Info.plist

and change 'Config2' to 'none' for your board id (for example: B809C3757DA9BB8D) (check SMBios for your configured board id)

then rebuild caches:
sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel
sudo kextcache -system-caches

So is it fair to suggest that Apple are checking against the Board ID, and if it is NOT supposed to have a say a GTX650Ti Boost in it, it disables the video output as unsupported?

If that is the case, using your method disables this? Problem is though, I am configured as a iMac 12.2, and have been pretty much forever - so don't want to change, its board id is "Mac-942B59F58194171B", which I cannot seem to find referenced in the file you suggested.

So should I add it, or is there somewhere else I need to look?

Thanks in advance

UPDATE (SOLVED): Found in another thread instructions to update the necessary files. See my post here #376 for what I did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back