Contribute
Register

noob needs help! (OS X 10.9; i5-3210M; HD4000)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15R SE
CPU
i5-3210M
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey! :)
I'm quite new to this forum and the whole hackintosh thing, so please be tolerant if i'm making mistakes. ;)

Well, today i finally came to set up Mavericks on my Dell Inspiron 15R SE (7520). The installation went fine and most seemed to work, except some problems..

1. wi-fi controller is unsupported, new one comes soon

2. AMD Radeon HD 7700M is also unsupported i guess

3. HD4000 is not recognized, so the animations are glitchy and slow. I tried to find the right kexts and installed them (AppleGraphicsPowerManagement, AppleIntelHD4000, AppleIntelFramebufferCapri), but none worked that well, so i deleted them using the terminal. That caused that I'm unable to reach Chimera without the UniBeast stick. It says PXE-E53: no boot file found

4. the battery isn't recognized, it don't shows the battery in the menu bar

Would be great if you could help me fix this problems.
Thanks.
Finke

Hey! :)
I'm quite new to this forum and the whole hackintosh thing, so please be tolerant if i'm making mistakes. ;)

Well, today i finally came to set up Mavericks on my Dell Inspiron 15R SE (7520). The installation went fine and most seemed to work, except some problems..

1. wi-fi controller is unsupported, new one comes soon

2. AMD Radeon HD 7700M is also unsupported i guess

3. HD4000 is not recognized, so the animations are glitchy and slow. I tried to find the right kexts and installed them (AppleGraphicsPowerManagement, AppleIntelHD4000, AppleIntelFramebufferCapri), but none worked that well, so i deleted them using the terminal. That caused that I'm unable to reach Chimera without the UniBeast stick. It says PXE-E53: no boot file found

4. the battery isn't recognized, it don't shows the battery in the menu bar

Would be great if you could help me fix this problems.
Thanks.
Finke

#1. You need to have compatible Wifi.. sounds like you know this.
#2. Switched graphics are not supported, best you can do is disable from BIOS or DSDT.
#3. What resolution is your screen (no need to install any kexts generally)
#4. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

alright thank you so far. :)

#3. What resolution is your screen (no need to install any kexts generally)

it's 1920x1080. i need a kext for QE/CI acceleration. but now theres this issue with the boot into chimera and i dont know how to fix it.

and another problem is, my hdd isnt shown in finder, only the fat partitions.

alright thank you so far. :)

it's 1920x1080. i need a kext for QE/CI acceleration. but now theres this issue with the boot into chimera and i dont know how to fix it.

You need to patch your DSDT. See: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

Apply the following patches: "HD4000 High Resolution", "Brightness Fix", and optionally "Rename GFX0 to IGPU".

and another problem is, my hdd isnt shown in finder, only the fat partitions.

You will see it if you use "Go to Computer." By default, Finder does not show it in the "Devices" list. You can drag it there if you want to see it there.

ok, that worked so far, now it recognizes that it's the HD4000, but i still dont have acceleration.
and there's still the error that i can only get into chimera with the Flash drive. should i probably do a new install of chimera or chameleon?

ok, that worked so far, now it recognizes that it's the HD4000, but i still dont have acceleration.
and there's still the error that i can only get into chimera with the Flash drive. should i probably do a new install of chimera or chameleon?

I'm not sure what you mean by "recognizes the HD4000... but dont have accel..."?

Check in ioreg to see that the kext for HD4000 is being loaded and your properties as set in DSDT are there.

Also, you need to be booting from your HDD with proper power management setup before even attempting HD4000. See here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

i just figured out that the appleintelhd4000graphics.kext isn't loaded. but what does that exactly mean cause i can only find a few threads which are not giving that much information. :/

in the power management thread it is all about installing the kext right after the os x installation. at the moment i have that nullpowermanagement kext. do i need to first unload it?

i just figured out that the appleintelhd4000graphics.kext isn't loaded. but what does that exactly mean cause i can only find a few threads which are not giving that much information. :/

in the power management thread it is all about installing the kext right after the os x installation. at the moment i have that nullpowermanagement kext. do i need to first unload it?

You would need to remove NullCPUPowerManagement if you installed it for proper PM. The reason I say do PM first is because it gets you a proper smbios for your laptop which is somewhat part of the formula for working HD4000.

If HD4000 is not loading it could mean several things:
- you removed the kext either prior to installing (eg. on the USB) or removed it after
- you haven't set ig-platform-id properly yet (eg. DSDT patches not installed)
- or some other error (?) is preventing it from loading

Post ioreg if you want me to look: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

i installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, but there's still the NullCPUPowerManagement. Should i simply unload it?

I included the ioreg file.

Attachments

• Finkes MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.8 MB · Views: 139
i installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, but there's still the NullCPUPowerManagement. Should i simply unload it?

I included the ioreg file.

Power Management will not work with NullCPU* installed. Please check all items on the checklist at the link provided in post #6.

Also, you have a lot of kexts loading from /Extra/Extensions.... and you're using PCIRootUID=1, probably not necessary and may be wrong.

Are you booting from your HDD? Seems like you're still booting from the Unibeast USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back