Contribute
Register

No Trackpad/Keyboard, USB not working either

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the entire thread, as well as most of the thread linked in that one and still can't locate my problem. Am I on track with the ACPI to fix the x86 do you think?

Alright, i guess I'll read a bit more. x86platformplugin isn't showing in my IOReg, I suspect it might have something to do with the ACPIPlatform kext. Going to research a bit more.

edit: trying to figure this out is a headache, lol.

Main contributors to x86platformplugin

- X86PlatformPlugin.kext not tampered with
- AppleACPIPlatform.kext not tampered with
- SSDT that injects plugin-type=1
- correct smbios used for Ivy Macs (board-id in X86PlatfromPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources)

Note: X86PlatformPlugin.kext is in IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext's PlugIns folder.

- correct smbios used for Ivy Macs (board-id in X86PlatfromPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources)

Note: X86PlatformPlugin.kext is in IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext's PlugIns folder.

Ah, thanks for the reply. Would my best bet be to try and get the untampered versions and put them in?

Ah, thanks for the reply. Would my best bet be to try and get the untampered versions and put them in?

You have vanilla (untampered) after a fresh install.

You have vanilla (untampered) after a fresh install.

K, i should be good there, and I verified my SMBios appeared correct, so it must be the injection plugin. I'll look into that.

1 and 2 should be good considering the upgrade.
3. I couldn't get the probook installer SSDT generator to work, so I used Piker's method, generated one and made sure to get the injection plugin right, now everything seems in order.
4. I checked my smbios and compared it to what I should have and it seems to be perfect.

Yet somehow I still don't have x86plat working.

1 and 2 should be good considering the upgrade.
3. I couldn't get the probook installer SSDT generator to work, so I used Piker's method, generated one and made sure to get the injection plugin right, now everything seems in order.
4. I checked my smbios and compared it to what I should have and it seems to be perfect.

Yet somehow I still don't have x86plat working.

Check your system.log.

BTW, I remember someone else having an issue with CPU PM because their discrete card was not disabled. It was only once (not too long ago). Once they did the edits to disable their discrete graphics, CPU PM started working.

Check your system.log.

BTW, I remember someone else having an issue with CPU PM because their discrete card was not disabled. It was only once (not too long ago). Once they did the edits to disable their discrete graphics, CPU PM started working.

I think I remember having to do that when I initially installed mountain lion. I can't recall for the life of me how, so reading time. I don't suppose you'd have a resource for that as well? I'm gonna search.

I think I remember having to do that when I initially installed mountain lion. I can't recall for the life of me how, so reading time. I don't suppose you'd have a resource for that as well? I'm gonna search.

Easy way: Do it from BIOS if you have the option.

Otherwise, extract all DSDT/SSDTs from Linux. Find the SSDT with _OFF for your discrete card (probably at PEGP.PEG0). Call _OFF from the corresponding _INI.

Easy way: Do it from BIOS if you have the option.

Otherwise, extract all DSDT/SSDTs from Linux. Find the SSDT with _OFF for your discrete card (probably at PEGP.PEG0). Call _OFF from the corresponding _INI.

Well, I suppose that would've been too easy. I was able to disable it in BIOS, but PM is still not working. I must've made a mistake somewhere, but I've checked everything multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back