Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is not working and how are you confirming not working?

The microphone, by plugging the mic in the computer speaking and the computer not registering the sound, but when i tap on the extender cord it does register it. So i think it has been software muted, the mic is working, as I have tested it on my other mac and my Windows PC.

It was working before I erased the driver from multibeast 6.1

Now i have tried to fix it, and found out that it is working, but it is very low, and the sound quality is bad, how do I fix that the volume is of course turned up to the maximum.

1. Problem: Badly distorted sound after system awakes from sleep. Sound works perfectly prior to sleep.
2. System Details: OSX 10.1.1, Clover v3021, Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLI, F7 firmware, Core i7-4790k, Intel HD Graphics 4600,
3. Procedure/Guide Used: I tried audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip (Toleda method) as well as Pikeralpha/Toleda sh script. Exact same results using either method. Also tried Dolnor's EAPD-Codec-Commander kext with no success (since removed). All the information in this post is related to cloverALC method.
4. IOReg output - attached.
5. System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext - attached
6. N/A
7. Console/All Messages/kernel Sound Assertions - N/A. no sound assertions in the log
8. Screen shots: System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices) - attached
9. N/A
10. Clover EFI/CLOVER/config.plist - attached
EFI/CLOVER/misc/debug.log - attached
11. Speakers - Altec Lansing 2.1 set, green port rear of motherboard, internal speakers output.

Special thanks to Toleda for all of the hard work!

EDIT: After posting this I tried one more time with the EAPD-Codec-Commander kext and it actually worked for me. I had tried an earlier pre-compiled version (v2.2.0) that I downloaded from a thread here and for whatever reason it didn't work, but this time I grabbed the latest code from Dolnor's github repository https://github.com/Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander (v2.2.1 at this time), compiled it in Xcode, installed it with Kext Wizard, rebuilt the kext cache, repaired permissions, rebooted, tested several sleep cycles and the audio actually works!

Attachments

• SystemInfo.png
    SystemInfo.png
    131.6 KB · Views: 198
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 94
  • Clover_config_debug_log.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IOReg.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
No known solution. Audio problems after sleep are AppleHDA.kext on non native hardware issues.

Thanks, I managed to get it working by compiling the EAPD-Codec-Commander kext with the latest source from Dolnor. Edited my original post with that info. Again, thanks for all of your contributions.

Hi, I would like to make sure of 1 thing about audio :

Specs : Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming-5 / i7 4790K / MSI Gtx 960 / Display : iMac 27' through Display Port.

Bootloader : clover.

Installation procedure : audio_cloverALC-100.command.zip.

Result : Audio through jack (headphones, great !).

My question : I have no DP audio (I tried all the options in pref/sound), but is it even possible given that the audio is handled by the mobo and that it's the GPU Display Port which is linked to my iMac ?
If not, is my last option speakers directly set on the jack ?

Thanks !

EDIT : I managed to install the sound via DP, but the quality is poor (something seems to cause interference) and there is no control over the volume through the hackintosh. I guess I'll go the sound bar way !

Hi guys... wanted to see if anyone can help solve this. My computer was running fine, i decided to install drivers/kext for my audio and usb 3 but after following:

Spec: Z68XP-UD5 F6, i7 2600K, Radeon 6870.

1. realtekALC/patch in place
    1. Bootloaders: Chimera, Chameleon, Clover
    2. Software Update: run same script after update restart
    3. More Info: toleda/audio_RealtekALC
    4. Installation - realtekALC
      1. Download: (View Raw) audio_realtekALC-100.command.zip
      2. Double click: Downloads/audio_realtekALC-100.command
      3. Password?
      4. Confirm Realtek ALC (y/n): (885, 887, 888, 889, 892, 898, 1150 only) I confirmed Yes
      5. Legacy_v100202 (y/n): (887, 888 only) Yes Again :( im an idiot! :crazy:
      6. Enable HD4600 HDMI audio (y/n): (887, 892, 898, 1150 only) Yes Again :( im an idiot and cant read!!! :banghead:
      7. Verify Patched AppleHDA kext installed
        1. S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext_vx.x-toledaALCxxx
      8. Restart
      9. Verify ALC onboard audio
        1. System Preferences/Sound/Output/select audio device

I got this message after step 8: Can i reverse this without formatting and starting over again?

View attachment 116576

Any suggestions how to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back