Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Toleda

My audio Devices are shown in Audio in System Info, but no sound.

OS X 10.10/Gigabyte H87N/F5/i5 4570/Intel 4600 and Nvidia 750ti Connected to monitor by HDMI but audio is disabled, an audio cable from the green port at the rear of my mobo connects to my monitor, my monitor is setup to use this green audio cable

Used Chimera/Chameleon

Copy of IOReg Attached File....View attachment Jake’s Mac Pro.iojones

System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext I am using this one

Console/All Messages/kernel Sound Assertions - select/Save Selection As:(Took forever to search logs, nothing came up)

Screen shots:
View attachment Screenshot of Audio.tiff

Chimera/Chameleon (if installed)

1. Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist View attachment Boot.tiff
  2. DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log View attachment Boot Log.zip

Speakers

1. HP Monitor Internal Speakers
  2. Audio port connected: Green port on rear of mobo
  3. Selection in System Preferences/Sound/Output or Input
Mic
1. Samson Meteor Mic USB

Speakers

1. HP Monitor Internal Speakers
  2. Audio port connected: Green port on rear of mobo
  3. Selection in System Preferences/Sound/Output or Input
What is the answer to 3?
System Preferences/Sound/Output/?

So, I've been tinkering with this install for a week or so now, and haven't made much more progress than I did initially using your guide to help determine which layout ID to specify in Clover. Thank you so much for your work on this -- hopefully this provides enough information to help determine why only the rear green port is having issues.

1. Description of audio problem
ALC1150, all devices showing up properly with layout-id 1, but no audio through green rear port with output device set to “Internal Speakers”. Get audio normally with either “Line Out” option through Orange/Black ports, just green is not working for output. Did get audio through green rear port once, randomly, when swapping speakers between ports to test for audio — worked until restart, have not been able to replicate since.

2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
OS X Yosemite, Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H (rev. 1.0) motherboard, F8 BIOS. Intel i5-4690 CPU, Nvidia GTX 770 GPU by EVGA.

3. Procedure/Guide Used
Installation done using Clover guide on this site, then via Multibeast installed ALC1150 audio with Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support, no other audio-related kexts

4. Speakers and/or microphone
No microphone attached, speakers are Harman/Kardon soundsticks, connected via 1/8” stereo plug to the rear ports on the motherboard (orange/black provide audio via Line Out output devices as mentioned above, green does not with Internal Speakers chosen as output device.)

Requested attachments:
View attachment Attachments.zip

Thank you again, Toleda!

Likely an EAPD problem, try Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Hrmm, after building this in Xcode, making the edits to Info.plist detailed on the page, and installing to /L/E I have a change, at least -- I get something from the speakers on the green port, but only if the volume is maxed. Sounds like intermittent bursts of extremely high-pitched sound, like it's trying to output digitally to these analog speakers.

Edit: It seems more 'intense' music from iTunes produces more intense bursts of static -- definitely getting *some* sort of output now, but nothing the speakers can use unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back