Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
this gets very difficult to search for with a 100+ page topic.
Post #1 is current and the only post in the thread that requires your attention. Last resort, see Post #1, Problem Reporting, attach all requested files.

Ok, I followed the post to a AppleHDA kext that I dropped in my EFI. To my disappointment I now can't boot. It's odd since at one point in the past the 1150 was very trouble free. I suppose later versions of Sierra must have made it more difficult.

I'll keep trying, sadly this motherboard is so flaky with reboots and switching from Linux to macOS (as in is goes crazy and wants to reset the BIOS constantly.)

I'm considering I might split this machine in two since dual boot is disastrous.

Post #1 is current and the only post in the thread that requires your attention. Last resort, see Post #1, Problem Reporting, attach all requested files.

Ok sorry but I can't follow post 1. It's a list of stuff then looks like following a bug report. I'm not a nob or anything but it's a tad bit hard to follow.

Ok, I followed the post to a AppleHDA kext that I dropped in my EFI. To my disappointment I now can't boot. It's odd since at one point in the past the 1150 was very trouble free. I suppose later versions of Sierra must have made it more difficult.

I'll keep trying, sadly this motherboard is so flaky with reboots and switching from Linux to macOS (as in is goes crazy and wants to reset the BIOS constantly.)

I'm considering I might split this machine in two since dual boot is disastrous.

AppleHDA kext that I dropped in my EFI
Big mistake; one location: System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
1150 is trouble free, duel boot is not.
The Problem Reporting files are required to figure out what actually was done to disable audio.

I managed to fix it through the criptic PDF to some github site that had an "enabler" kext. I dropped in the patch folder for EFI and I get Audio.

I can duel boot via BIOS switching since my clover boot loader doesn't see the linux partition. Good enough for now.

Big mistake; one location: System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
1150 is trouble free, duel boot is not.
The Problem Reporting files are required to figure out what actually was done to disable audio.

IOReg shows no audio playing and no audio device selected.
How are you verifying sound, details?

output device i selected internal speaker.
and i am playing a movie by VLC.
uploaded the IOReg again when playing.

and i double click sound effect list, no any sound.

Attachments

• outdevice.png
    outdevice.png
    52 KB · Views: 88
  • playing.ioreg
    6.7 MB · Views: 106
  • sound-settings.png
    sound-settings.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 75
Post #1 suggests iTunes.
Most important, no mention of what is connected to what motherboard port?

itunes can not play any music.
i play the music , but it always stay in 0:00.
and i also can play anything in youtube.

Attachments

• youtube.png
    youtube.png
    688 KB · Views: 85
  • itunes-play.png
    itunes-play.png
    94.3 KB · Views: 119
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back