Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Audio is working.
Verify chassis grounding. Clean install.

Thank you, toleda.

Same results: The audio works for a while, but it emits cracking noises after a few minutes, with the music slowly going to the absolute degradation till no sound at all but ugly noises. Doesn´t matter which output, same behaviour. I sounds like when a DAW is losing the sync due to a buffer too small. Weird and disgusting.

When any different value are selected in Audio MIDI setup (changing sample rate or bit resolution), the core audio gets restarted and the sound come back for a while... then the noise fest starts again 2 minutes later.

I´m about to verify the chasis grounding but I should have mentioned that in fact I´m having these issues with two computers with the same model of MoBo but very different kind of case, so I think is highly improbable that both of them are having the same problem related to chassis grounding.

I have everything in Yosemite working with Clover except sound. Here is the requested info:

1) Followed the Clover/Clover Injection instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...mporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a-23.html#post909616

audio_cloverALC-100.command.sh would not run against the AppleHDA.kext supplied with 10.10.5 so I extracted it from 10.10.3. audio_cloverALC-100.command.sh ran fine against that kext, but switched the names of the inputs/outputs to Swedish (or is that Danish? See attachment). No combination of outputs/connections results in sound (IOregs saved while using VLC Player to play an MP3), but the Internal Speakers output does switch to Headphones when I plug in to the headphones jack in the front panel. At this point I have tried several different kexts and ran audio_cloverALC-100.command.sh a few times, but I checked config.plist and nothing seems to be duplicated..? I really don't care what port ends up working--I just want sound to come out of somewhere. This is a fresh OS X install on a newly formatted drive.

2) 10.10.5 / ASUS x99 Deluxe / 1901 / i7-5690X / GTX 980 SLI

3) cloverALC (script executed without errors, see terminal.txt)

4-10) see attached

11) Sennheiser HDR 180 connected to green port on mobo (tried others as well), Shure earbuds in headphone port on front. My Philips 288P monitor supports audio over DisplayPort (which works in Linux) via the GTX980, but does not produce any sound. With Sennheiser plugged into the green port in the back I can hear a dull "thud" sound when I cycle through the outputs in the control panel and sometimes I will hear hissing when I select the built-in mic input. But no actual sound--I tried VLC, Quicktime, iTunes, and various on-line videos and triple checked that the volumes were turned up and unmuted.

Let me know if I can provide any more information. Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 193
  • DPCI_bootlog.txt
    34.7 KB · Views: 153
  • iojones_mp3_vlc.iojones
    3.1 MB · Views: 67
  • terminal.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 71
  • sound_cp.png
    sound_cp.png
    135.1 KB · Views: 96
  • System_information.png
    System_information.png
    396 KB · Views: 130
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
everything in Yosemite working with Clover except sound.
Yosemite/10.10.3 and newer AppleHDA.kext/x99 does not work. Try:
1. Backup and remove S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext
2. Install attached AppleHDA.kext
3. Run cloverALC script
4. If successful, restart
5. Reply with all files.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 105
hello Todela
I have a motherboard x99 UD4P
with the id alc1150 subdevice is 0x1458a182