Contribute
Register

No Sound - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
New link, see Post #554.

Installing that kext didn't solve the problem. Is there any way to uninstall cloveralc and install it again or something?

II. Problem Reporting (post to this thread with attachments)

Description of audio problem

No sound playing. Console spews these messages and the playhead stays at XX seconds and never moves (same with youtube etc)
8/10/15 7:01:17.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in IOHDAStream at line 384
8/10/15 7:01:17.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 6649
8/10/15 7:01:17.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in IOHDAStream at line 384
8/10/15 7:01:17.000 PM kernel[0]: Sound assertion in AppleHDAController ain IOHDAStream at line 384
8/10/15 7:01:17.000 PM kernel[0]: *** kernel exceeded 500 log message per second limit - remaining messages this second discarded ***

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
10.10.4 / X99-UD5-WIFI / Bios = F10b / Processor = Intel i7-5930K X99 Haswell "E" / Graphics = nVidia 970 SLI

Procedure/Guide Used
audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0d.command

Terminal Saved Output (if Terminal script run)
attached.

cloverALC

Copy of IOJones (Tools 1.2)
IOJones/Save..

attached.

System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

attached .

Console/All Messages/kernel Sound Assertions - select/Save Selection As:
attached

Screen shots:
System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio (not Devices)
System Preferences/Sound/Output

attached

Clover (if installed)
EFI/CLOVER/config.plist
or DPCIManager/Misc/Boot Log

attached

Speakers and/or microphone
Make and model
Audio port connected (color, motherboard or case)
Selection in System Preferences/Sound/Output or Input

Headphones - Front Panel - Pink and Green (Mic and Headphones) (Works fine with VoodooHDA)

***EDIT***
followed this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...mporary-guide-os-x-10-10-a-23.html#post909616

removed all fixes from Clover.plist and tried the SSDT-1.aml
still no dice. same results.

Attachments

• X99-UD5-WIFI_NO-AUDIO.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 57
Native AppleHDA does not support 1150 audio, why?
What is attached, before or after edit?

before.

I also didn't understand the SSDT-1.aml do I replace the SSDT in patched and remove the -1 or add it in existance of the other? don't quite understand what you are saying "native appleHDA does not support 1150 audio, why?" should i not start with appleHDA native and then use your command to modify it? etc. I am ready for the next steps, i removed the fixes in ACPI (fix display, hpet, add dtgp, fixhda, etc etc.. all those keys that are there, i thought that i was told in that other post to remove all the fixes?)

the other post says Set config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NO (all properties)

so that is what i updated, i removed those ACPI fixes that were yes and made sure they were all "no".

I have attached the CURRENT setup.

AppleHDA kext in /S/L/E
realtekALC in /EFI/EFI/Kexts/10.10/
same console log errors
current booting Clover.plist
DPCIManager Boot log
iojones dump

Attachments

• Audio Part 2.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 51
Are you using the Headphones to confirm sound?
Is EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/SSDT-1.aml installed?

yes headphones on front port. which works on the VooDooHDA so i was hoping it would work with native sound. but i have tried all the ports with my headphones, green back, green front, etc. does the SSDT-1.aml need another SSDT as well or just that solo. Also, do i need to rename it to SSDT.aml or leave it -1.

I also get the sound assertion errors in console log and itunes playhead doesn't even move. so would having the headphones plugged on the back matter for that? would they need to be there during boot, or getting those errors and a frozen playhead mean its not right regardless.

does the SSDT-1.aml need another SSDT as well or just that solo. Also, do i need to rename it to SSDT.aml or leave it -1.
What do the instructions say and what is reflected in the files attached?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back