Contribute
Register

No Sound - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
All clear now, thank you very much for clarification and support.
I will try to remove Realtek drivers from Windows 10 and try with default W10 drivers.

Removing Realtek drivers from W10 didn't solve this.

As you suggested I read many posts with similar problem dual boot and sound.
Only what worked is totally turn off, wait 60 sec and then reboot.
Boot log is in the attachment. Now sound is working till next reboot.

Do you have any other suggestion how to resolve this ?

Thanks.

Attachments

• DPCIManager.pdf
    50.5 KB · Views: 194
I just can not get sound working on my new build.... My old one was humming along for years, never had any problem :-/

This is the sitation

1. Description:
No audio. I can see audio output devices (internal speaker, Line Out, Line Out, Digital Out), reiver connected to green port, set to internal speaker, no sound. Tried also heapdohones/different combinations/ports. Could not test Digital yet, as I would need to solder it first (the board does not support it, but I found the place on the PCB...)
I does work fine in Windows 10 (it does not make any difference whether booting Windows first or not, whether cold- or warm boot...)

Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 13.01.49.png

2. System
OS X 10.13.1
Asrock H270M Pro4
UEFI 2.0 2017/4/20
i5 7500
Realtek ALC892
Board has 3 ports on backpanel: Ping, green, blue

3. Procedure
Tried a lot... NEVER did install Voodoo, it was all Clover options HDA patching. Situation install
- Used Multibeast to install ALC892 and 100/200 Series Audio Fix. Current Layout ID is 1, I tried 2 and 3 as well, without setting the clover option IOReg shows "0"

Not sure about the DPCIManager. Starting gives
2017-11-18 12:53:43.273 DPCIManager[2394:91791] No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting
What to do with it?

I would really appreciate any hint.

Attachments

• AudioFail.zip
    757.1 KB · Views: 93
Missed:
Post #1/macOS - No sound/2. High Sierra/Sierra/200 Series/Kaby Lake Audio
Waah, so easy! It worked.
I was thinking this had been taken care of by the multibeast 100_200 option (because at least iirc it DID change some stuff I saw in IOReg). Anyway I used the KextPatch via clover. That is solution 2 from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lake-audio-onboard-and-or-hd-6x0-hdmi.221618/
The link is outdated/404, I searched https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC/blob/master/config-audio_cloverALC-130.plist.zip and double checked the search&replace strings are the same (except a 0x3d prefix) as in the screenshot in that thread.

Thanks. Now I am not sure, should I have continued searching/reading on my own, or just asked 2 days earlier :p Well, maybe I am just lacking in step 2of the read-understand-act process :rolleyes:

1. Description of audio problem - audio devices appear in sound menu but no sound. When attempting to play sound on youtube or iTunes, gets stuck at loading.

2. OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics
-OS X version 10.13.1 (only version available to for me to download)
-Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Fatality Gaming-ITX/AC
-BIOS Version:
-Processor: i7 7700k (stock settings)
Graphics:Intel HD 630

3. Procedure/Guide Used
Before You Install Audio Guide:
-verified HDEF present in ioreg and audio codec

10.13 Installation Guide (installed ALC1220 and 100/200 series audio)
-after installation, at this point sound greyed out, no devices present. Videos/songs appear to playback but no sound.
Attempted using the Quick Fix: 200 Series/Kaby Lake guide.
-(option 1) Fake PCIID kext did not change anything. uninstalled Fake PCIID kexts after attempt
-(option 2) editing plist and running audio_cloverALC-130 command, audio devices appear but still no sound. Videos on youtube no longer playback (stuck at loading).

Not really sure where to go from there

1. Speakers and/or microphone
    1. Headphones: AKG A7xx
    2. green motherboard connector, front panel connector (tried both, no difference)
    3. Internal Speakers
  2. Put all files in a folder, compress and attach to Post
Hopefully included everything needed. Let me know if more is needed from me.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    659.7 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back