Contribute
Register

No Sound - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attach DPCIManager/Status screenshot

Similar to SSandra, DPCImanager from the link above is not working for me too.

Also just to add on, my monitor was initially connected via HDMI and now via DVI.
This was the only spare card I had lying around at home and I'm considering an upgrade in the near future.

Edit: I managed to find a working version of DPCImanager from another source. Here's the screenshot:

Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 6.44.36 AM.png

Last edited:
Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
Attach missing files, Post #1/Problem Reporting

My reply is a follow up with reference to Post #09 so I'm not sure what other information you need from me.

not sure what other information you need
No reply until you fix your profile as requested in Post #12
Thank you for taking the time to figure out what you missed.
DPCIManager is PCI List not Misc/Boot Log, your mistake
No support for ****** methods
Supported methods: AppleHDA Realtek Audio

I'm having a tough time getting my microphone input to work. This happens via headphones directly plugged into the motherboard, Bluetooth Headphones, or via line in. Audio output works perfectly, including Headphones, HDMI and DisplayPort audio, as well as the mic input via my Logitech Webcam ( USB ).

Running 10.13.1 ( Vanilla ). Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H (Realtek ALC887)

I'm using Clover to inject the Audio ID ( I've tried all possibilities) and I'm loading AppleALC.kext + Lilu.kext

Interestingly DPCI is showing the Audio device as a realtek ALC888B

Attachments

• files.zip
    857.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Headphones: one connector/4 pin or two/3 pin?

I guess I wasn't clear enough, sorry. The headphones are 3.5mm. I have plugged them directly into the audio out jacks on the motherboard rear IO panel, as well as the front audio ports which are plugged into the audio header pins on the motherboard. In both cases I get perfect audio output, but cannot get the microphone to work. Same goes with my bluetooth headphones.

I guess I wasn't clear enough
Different question, I did not ask about size. I asked if the headset has one connector or two. If you can't answer the question, reply with the make and model of the headset.

One connector. Four Pin.
The motherboard, and likely the front panel, have 3 pin connectors; no mic connection, no audio input. Find a headset adapter with 3.5mm 4 Pin to 2x3 Pin 3.5mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back