Contribute
Register

No HDMI audio after 1080 install

Status
Not open for further replies.
The information here really helped me. So happy to get rid of VoodooHDA.
With my GTX 1080 the DisplayPort closest to HDMI was not giving me audio. I plugged into the DisplayPort furthest to the left and it immediately detected my display.

Thank you all for your help.

Last edited:
Hi all!

I've installed Sierra 10.12.4 from scratch today and this is what I did to get HDMI audio working with my 1080.

1. Make sure you have AppleHDA.kext (original) in /S/L/E/ , if not , extract it from the OSinstall.pkg image using Pacifist (I think VoodooHDA deleted mine when I was trying it)

2. Get the HDMIAudio.kext from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...md-cards-easy-way.145399/page-15#post-1478743 (this is version 1.1)

3. Place it in /S/L/E/ , use something like Kext Utility to install/clear caches/fix permissions automatically

4. Should work after reboot. I have full 5.1 support too, voodoohda method only worked in stereo

This DID NOT work for me when I put the HDMIAudio.kext into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for some reason, only worked after I put it into /S/L/E/

I can also confirm this works. For my GPU though (Gigabyte 1050 Ti G1 Gaming), it will only show up with the Displayport input and not HDMI, but so long as I can get one of the connectors to work, I am satisfied. Thanks for the suggestion!

I can confirm that this works.

Now I get HDMI/DP audio using cloverHDMI script from toleda.
I am using a EVGA GTX1070. Audio only works through specific DP port(s). I can also get HDMI audio when DP is connected to certain port(s). (dual monitor setup)

So how did you get your EVGA GTX1070 finally working? I have the same GPU and so far I installed only the newest Nvidia Driver and then I ran audio_cloverHDMI-120 script. After reboot I still don't get audio output visible. What DP port do you use? Did you put AppleHDA.kext and HDMIaudio.kext like marcin.binczyk suggested?

Would anyone mind uploading their original AppleHDA.kext for Sierra 10.12.4?

So how did you get your EVGA GTX1070 finally working? I have the same GPU and so far I installed only the newest Nvidia Driver and then I ran audio_cloverHDMI-120 script. After reboot I still don't get audio output visible. What DP port do you use? Did you put AppleHDA.kext and HDMIaudio.kext like marcin.binczyk suggested?

Unfortunately I do not remember now :/
But I am using the second DP connector, further from the side, above the DVI.

If you still have the problem I can look into how I did get the sound.

Hi all!

I've installed Sierra 10.12.4 from scratch today and this is what I did to get HDMI audio working with my 1080.

1. Make sure you have AppleHDA.kext (original) in /S/L/E/ , if not , extract it from the OSinstall.pkg image using Pacifist (I think VoodooHDA deleted mine when I was trying it)

2. Get the HDMIAudio.kext from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...md-cards-easy-way.145399/page-15#post-1478743 (this is version 1.1)

3. Place it in /S/L/E/ , use something like Kext Utility to install/clear caches/fix permissions automatically

4. Should work after reboot. I have full 5.1 support too, voodoohda method only worked in stereo

This DID NOT work for me when I put the HDMIAudio.kext into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for some reason, only worked after I put it into /S/L/E/

HI marcin.binczyk,

could you gave a detail guide, I am GTX 1050 Ti User,
there are include
1. Did you have edit EFI/Clover/config.plist
2. Did you have patch new SSDT1.aml or DSDT.aml at EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/

3. Did you run audio_cloverHDMI-120_v1.0d.command?
4. more other patch.

if you try to install new 10.12.5 could work this?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back