Contribute
Register

No HDMI audio after 1080 install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem after switching from internal graphics (HD530) to GTX 1080.

I ran the cloverHDMI script again, still was not working. It turns out I was using the third DisplayPort connector. I switched to the first connector and now it works :)

Same problem here on my GTX1060.
I tried cloverHDMI script and it didn't work. Since someone has solved this problem after they switched to other connector(DP), I have to say that I have only a HDMI monitor and have to use the only one HDMI connector.
I also tried HDMIAudio.kext, didn't work, neither.

Same problem here on my GTX1060.
I tried cloverHDMI script and it didn't work. Since someone has solved this problem after they switched to other connector(DP), I have to say that I have only a HDMI monitor and have to use the only one HDMI connector.
I also tried HDMIAudio.kext, didn't work, neither.

I tried every single method without success.

Just with VoodooHDA HDMI Audio works!

But now I would like to know the difference between AppleHDA and VoodooHDA… for example, which "sounds" better?

I tried every single method without success.

Just with VoodooHDA HDMI Audio works!

But now I would like to know the difference between AppleHDA and VoodooHDA… for example, which "sounds" better?

Thanks for your reply.
BTW, if I want to use VoodoHDA, just remove AppleHDA.kext and copied voodoohda in kexts folder?

Thanks for your reply.
BTW, if I want to use VoodoHDA, just remove AppleHDA.kext and copied voodoohda in kexts folder?

I also read this, but I removed nothing… but for security now I added the applehdadisable.kext in EFI…/10.12 & /Others…

I also read this, but I removed nothing… but for security now I added the applehdadisable.kext in EFI…/10.12 & /Others…
Thank you, I tried this and HDMI output finally works.
I think this is the best way before toleda updated his script.
The difference seems not so ...obvious..(sorry for my poor English).

There is a question that whether the script works
The script works, Regarding Nvidia 10xx, the Nvidia Web driver supports DP/HDMI audio on DP ports, HDMI audio is not working on the HDMI port. No script can solve the Nvidia problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back