Contribute
Register

No HDMI audio after 1080 install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using both HDMI and DP:

[1080] --dp-- [monitor] (for primary video)
[1080] --hdmi-- [AV Receiver] --hdmi-- [monitor] (for audio, adds a "second" screen)
Could you please upload a original AppleHDA.kext?
By the way, do you use modified AppleHDA.kext under EFI/Clover/kexts/?

Could you please upload a original AppleHDA.kext?
By the way, do you use modified AppleHDA.kext under EFI/Clover/kexts/?

I'm attaching the applehda I extracted from the OSInstall package. I'm not using any additional kexts related to audio/video (only FakeSMC and some SATA and Ethernet drivers)

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 150
Doesn't work for me. Thank you anyway.

Just a couple of checks to see if maybe you're missing something:

- if at any point you used VoodooHDA did you remove it completely?

Code:
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext
sudo rm -r /Applications/VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.app
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
sudo rm -r /System/Library/PreferencePanes/VoodooHDA.prefPane

and clear kext cache afterwards

- did you clear cache / fix permissions after installing AppleHDA / HDMIAudio kext?

- don't know if this is related but I did not disable on-board audio in bios - if you have it disabled try turning it on?

Just a couple of checks to see if maybe you're missing something:

- if at any point you used VoodooHDA did you remove it completely?

Code:
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext
sudo rm -r /Applications/VoodooHdaSettingsLoader.app
sudo rm -r /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
sudo rm -r /System/Library/PreferencePanes/VoodooHDA.prefPane

and clear kext cache afterwards

- did you clear cache / fix permissions after installing AppleHDA / HDMIAudio kext?

- don't know if this is related but I did not disable on-board audio in bios - if you have it disabled try turning it on?
Thank you for your reply!
I think I have removed VoodooHDA completely but it is the fact that HDMI audio doens't work.
In fact I have to use a modified AppleHDA in Clover to make my on-board audio works, so I am wondering if you do use the original AppleHDA.kext, will your on-board audio work?

Thank you for your reply!
I think I have removed VoodooHDA completely but it is the fact that HDMI audio doens't work.
In fact I have to use a modified AppleHDA in Clover to make my on-board audio works, so I am wondering if you do use the original AppleHDA.kext, will your on-board audio work?

My onboard audio (ALC1150) does not work with the original AppleHDA (I only see outputs for HDMI and DisplayPort).

Friends I manage to made my hdmi back , but the sad thing is that I have one ****ing
annoyng wheezing in my headphones , my microphone input is going direct to my headsets , and the system don`t detect any audio .

I deleted my AppleHDA.kext and run clover manager I mess around in Devices ->Audio selected->Detect and disabled the ResetHDA
I don`t know is are this that made my HDMI work, but also I used that Kext Utility before this and put the vanilla applehda in the tool (before deleted, I was trying to made the wheezing stop).
if had more knowledge about how all this works I probably wanted to make a tool to help us all ... But is my first week using hackintosh I completely lost running all scripts that I found

Also When I run Toleda scripts : audio_CloverALC , audio_RealtekALC and audio_hdmi says that I have no audio codecs detected but everything is working now just the microphone that don`t , when I put the microphone volume to hight the wheezing starts again...

Last edited:
Hi all!

I've installed Sierra 10.12.4 from scratch today and this is what I did to get HDMI audio working with my 1080.

1. Make sure you have AppleHDA.kext (original) in /S/L/E/ , if not , extract it from the OSinstall.pkg image using Pacifist (I think VoodooHDA deleted mine when I was trying it)

2. Get the HDMIAudio.kext from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...md-cards-easy-way.145399/page-15#post-1478743 (this is version 1.1)

3. Place it in /S/L/E/ , use something like Kext Utility to install/clear caches/fix permissions automatically

4. Should work after reboot. I have full 5.1 support too, voodoohda method only worked in stereo

This DID NOT work for me when I put the HDMIAudio.kext into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other for some reason, only worked after I put it into /S/L/E/

I can confirm that this works.

Now I get HDMI/DP audio using cloverHDMI script from toleda.
I am using a EVGA GTX1070. Audio only works through specific DP port(s). I can also get HDMI audio when DP is connected to certain port(s). (dual monitor setup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back