Contribute
Register

No entry sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, that's a known problem.

You need to update High Sierra with one of the Security Updates to get past that build point, and so reach a newer one for which drivers do exist. 17G3025 + etc.

I would not expect your High Sierra installer to be at 17G66 for a fresh install as it is not generally available, only as an upgrade. Where did you get it?

:)
I installed it from my Mac, which is running High Sierra already. How would I update my version of High Sierra? Is that a difficult thing to do?

I installed it from my Mac, which is running High Sierra already. How would I update my version of High Sierra? Is that a difficult thing to do?

Depends what kind of file you installed from on your Mac. If it is an "Install macOS High Sierra.pkg" file in your Applications directory then UniBeast would use it to create an installer.

Usually System Update would download these intermediary point releases rather than a full installer package, update your Mac then delete the files.

If your real Mac is still on 17G66 then System Update will be telling you about the newer Security Updates for sure.

Perhaps you could download the latest High Sierra release and make a new installer?

Otherwise as @P1LGRIM suggested, Search is your friend.

Here's just one example result:

I'm looking at this now... Are they saying that when he installed the Security update it created problems? I was just about to do that when I read the thread... I'm not too sure whether they were saying doing the security update was a good thing or a bad thing. I really don't want to undo everything and have to restart.

Depends what kind of file you installed from on your Mac. If it is an "Install macOS High Sierra.pkg" file in your Applications directory then UniBeast would use it to create an installer.

Usually System Update would download these intermediary point releases rather than a full installer package, update your Mac then delete the files.

If your real Mac is still on 17G66 then System Update will be telling you about the newer Security Updates for sure.

Perhaps you could download the latest High Sierra release and make a new installer?

Otherwise as @P1LGRIM suggested, Search is your friend.

Here's just one example result:

Okay, so I've tried to install the security update from my hackintosh a couple of times. This didn't work, I don't know if it was meant to and if so then please let me know.

When you say "Perhaps you could download the latest High Sierra release and make a new installer?" do you mean that I'd have to reinstall everything from scratch?

Okay, so I've tried to install the security update from my hackintosh a couple of times. This didn't work, I don't know if it was meant to and if so then please let me know.

When you say "Perhaps you could download the latest High Sierra release and make a new installer?" do you mean that I'd have to reinstall everything from scratch?

Hi there.

I wrote a mini-guide to updating using the Security Updates for Mojave and High Sierra when they appear, but don't install normally. Read this and just modify to match the High Sierra files names instead of the Mojave:

Hi there.

I wrote a mini-guide to updating using the Security Updates for Mojave and High Sierra when they appear, but don't install normally. Read this and just modify to match the High Sierra files names instead of the Mojave:

Okay, thank you. I'll have a look tomorrow.

I uninstalled the NVIDIA Web Driver, as I saw people were having issues booting when they had incompatible versions. Apart from that is there anything else you'd recommend doing before installing the update, or should everything be fine? :)

Okay, thank you. I'll have a look tomorrow.

I uninstalled the NVIDIA Web Driver, as I saw people were having issues booting when they had incompatible versions. Apart from that is there anything else you'd recommend doing before installing the update, or should everything be fine? :)

Just remember to check you have the latest Lilu, Whatevergreen, and if you use it, AppleALC kexts installed.

If you do get a problem booting remember you can disable the NVidia drivers from the Clover Options command-line menu with: "nv_disable=1"

Installing the Security Update using the selective method I outline shouldn't cause any problems. Remember to back-up the update folder in case you need it again.

Just remember to check you have the latest Lilu, Whatevergreen, and if you use it, AppleALC kexts installed.

If you do get a problem booting remember you can disable the NVidia drivers from the Clover Options command-line menu with: "nv_disable=1"

Installing the Security Update using the selective method I outline shouldn't cause any problems. Remember to back-up the update folder in case you need it again.

Thank you so so much, everything is working now. I'll let you know if anything else happens but thank you so much to everyone who's helped. I really appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back