Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

No driver, no boot.
Remove the 1070. Restart. Fix NVRAM problem.
What is the problem with NVRAM (as I'm not aware of it)?

Reason Nvidia Web driver is not loading
I think that's more the symptom... ;)
I am fairly certain I had EMu... loading... Will check the resources folder momentarily. What is the specific problem with NVRAM if you know?

EmuVariableUEFI-64.efi presence verified.

So, what do I fix? The only shell (cannot get into MacOS at all) I have access to right now is Clover's UEFI Shell.

NVRAM/nvda_dvr=1 setting is missing.
Safe Mode, VESA Mode, etc., all fail.
Remove the 1070 and boot to HD630, attach IOReg.
No joy.

Also fails with same error (though this time I can see Shiki is throwing an error too).

I cannot reach MacOS. I can only get to Clover Shell.

When I try to get into Recovery, I see a Sound Assertion attempt and then a KP after (attached).

C2A61561-85EB-4A84-83D7-0E8284F56023.png

I disabled the onboard audio at that point and tried again. KP, attached.

5545EA86-5774-497F-91F6-40B82A274E71.png

Thoughts?

Lock state error is gone.
Boot from an installer, i.e., UnitBeast.
Alright, able to boot into High Sierra Installer. What next from here - Recovery, and then Disk Utilities, etc.?

I was redirected to this thread for my audio problems. I don't fully understand this forum despite being a web developer. I thought my profile included the build details that were requested.

I couldn't find "HD Audio" in my Gigabyte BIOS, but I did enable what looks like onboard audio. I'm at the point now where I have audio output devices showing up and my volume control appears to work, but nothing that contains audio will play. Vimeo and YouTube won't play videos. VLC won't start playing a file. I know this problem has a name. Can you point me to the next step?

Back