Contribute
Register

No Audio Devices - AppleHDA Realtek Audio

Apologies I will post it in the post-build troubleshooting forum.

I used Kextbeast downloaded from tonymac.

Problem with no audiocontroller installed.

See files attached.
Running macOS 10.13.5, on a Dell XPS 9550, Intel core i5-6300HQ, intel Skylake graphics and Realtek ALC3266 (also known as ALC298)

Attachments

• Problem reporting.zip
    6 MB · Views: 67
Removed PCIID from EFI and installed new one via Kext Utility in system/library/extensions.

Attachments

• Problem reporting.zip
    5.9 MB · Views: 65
Removed PCIID from EFI and installed new one via Kext Utility in system/library/extensions.
Different versions installed in CLOVER/kexts/Other
One copy of each FakePCIID kext in one place.
Try again; restart, reply with new files.

I mixed up, included the wrong clover folder. Here is it again. The PCII file included is the one I've installed in system>library>extensions folder via kext utility.

I have to say that my audio was working with clean install but the headphone jack wasn't. I've tried to make it work by following the steps from wmchris (see compressed folder 'audio'). I've tried to follow both tutorials; knnspeed and sysCL but it didn't work. Probably ****ed it up somewhere because the 'install.sh' files in both folders didn't work. For example the command : sudo cp ComboJack /usr/bin' always gave me the message 'no file in directory'. I've made the install.sh file work by dragging it into the terminal, don't know it that was the right procedure? Maybe their is some residu left.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my files btw.

Attachments

• Problem reporting.zip
    6 MB · Views: 80
  • Audio.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
I have to say that my audio was working with clean install but the headphone jack wasn't
This thread supports Desktop audio only. Desktop audio is not compatible with Laptop audio. Post Laptop Forum.

Hi. I just followed the guide here ( https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-13-5-update.253132/ ) to update from Sierra to High Sierra 10.13.5, and I an not seeing any audio devices. Typically, I run Multibeast and reinstall my ALC889 Audio Drivers and am good to go, but this time, no such luck.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Bios UEFI U1n
Graphics Card: PNY Geforce GT710
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• ProblemReporting.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 57
Typically, I run Multibeast and reinstall my ALC889 Audio Drivers and am good to go, but this time, no such luck.
config.plist changed to disable audio
Remove config.plist/AC{I/DSDT/Patches/Item 0 (Rename HDAS to HDEF)
Add config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject/1

Back