Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUSTek N501JW
CPU
Intel Core i7-4750HQ
Graphics
Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 (integrated) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
Post installation of Catalina using OpenCore (with much thanks to @Feartech and others) I have been trying to get my audio to work, but without success.

I have followed the troubleshooting guide here and checked that the device appears correctly with IORegistryExplorer which shows this:

Screenshot 2021-07-24 at 9.46.33.png

I have cycled through the layouts for ALC668 (3, 20, 27, 28, 29) with 29 showing correctly in hex in the above.

Also tried with and without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, but at each restart never get an audio device for output nor input. Not sure where to go next.

config.plist attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    36.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Post installation of Catalina using OpenCore (with much thanks to @Feartech and others) I have been trying to get my audio to work, but without success.

I have followed the troubleshooting guide here and checked that the device appears correctly with IORegistryExplorer which shows this:

View attachment 525362

I have cycled through the layouts for ALC668 (3, 20, 27, 28, 29) with 29 showing correctly in hex in the above.

Also tried with and without FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext, but at each restart never get an audio device for output nor input. Not sure where to go next.

config.plist attached.

Solved the problem by adding VoodooHDA.kext - didn't need FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext

Issue resolved :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back