- Mar 31, 2020
- Dell Optiplex 9020
- Intel version # > See Rules!
- Mobile Phone
Hello, I've been browsing the Hackintosh forums for almost a year now and have successfully built a Hackintosh on an Optiplex 9020 last year (everything worked, I even got me a WiFi/BT card for AirDrop and HandOff and worked flawlessly, iMessage as well) and this year I decided it was time to upgrade.
So I bought an OptiPlex 5070SFF, Q370 Chipset and this time I tried an OpenCore installation for the sake of performance.
This to say, I know my ways around the OS and I wouldn't post or ask for help and take your time if there was no need to. I've searched every forum but can't find an answer that works; so here's the problem:
I've built everything myself as Dortania's guide describes in great Detail and managed to boot into the OS from the first time. Since then I've built my EFI around 7 times.
I am not getting any audio. The computer has an ALC3234, and it's not a mask, I've checked this using Linux. You can find the Dump below.
- I have tried injecting every possible Layout-ID. (got it from: https://github.com/acidanthera/applealc/wiki/supported-codecs)
- I've done this again using alcdelay argument. (described here in Dortania's guide AppleALC working inconsistently)
- I've checked that I have the right kexts.
- I've checked that my kexts load.
- I've checked that the AppleALC.kext is patching correctly using IORegistryExplorer. Everytime I wrote another layout ID, after rebooting I could confirm that it was sucessfully parsed into HDEF.
- I know somethings changed from 10.15.4 onwards so I tried installing Lilu and AppleALC in L/E using HackinTool, which also didn't work. I have uninstalled them from there, they only exist in the EFI folder now
- I have tried VoodooHDA but it sounded terrible and I also didn't have any signal from the HDMI or DP; only from the jack on the back of the computer.
I would appreciate any help from the community!