Contribute
Register

No Audio After Sleep/Wake - AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Fixes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just finished my build, had the same no audio after sleep problem.. chose imac 14.1 profile instead of mac pro 3.1 like i always do.. now audio works after sleep. chose alc 887/88b current plus hda enable audio id:1.. I have a gigabyte z97 hd3
Thanks for this!!

The only way I was able to remedy broken audio after sleep (GA Z77 DS3H) was by changing the system id to iMac13,2. IMO this is worth adding to the guide. It would have saved a considerable amount of time had I seen such a recommendation in one of these audio guides. Thanks for all your great work.

What were you using previously and why?
Mac Pro 3,1, because that is the default recommended system definition according to the Installation Guide:

12. Choose a System Definition from the list. Then choose a version of the system from the dropdown. This will auto-populate your config.plist with appropriate SMBIOS information including a unique serial number. If you're unsure what to choose, Mac Pro 3,1 will work for most desktop systems.
...and I had been using it since buying the board from a CustoMac Buyer's Guide years ago without any audio issues.

Maybe,this kext(CodecCommander) can solve your problem. I had already solved this trouble。

Thanks this actuation maker.

I can confirm that changing the system info to iMac13,2 does fix the audio after sleep but in my case, with this profile, the audio seems like is going into a "sleep" state in few seconds (20-30) if no sound is played, I hear like a "crank" when I hit play to something or a system sound is played, it's annoying.
I've seen this problem before on the forum but I can't find the right topic again.

I've installed CodecCommander.kext, with no change to info.plist yet, the author said the new version is on "auto mode" and rarely changes are neeed, I'll be back with a feedback after few days of testing.

Thanks !

Guys, I really don't know what to do. I have an AsRock z75 Pro3 and a Clover install, can't get sound after sleep. When trying to edit info.plist I don't see the same fields, etc.

What should do?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 10.28.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-24 at 10.28.42 AM.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back