Contribute
Register

No Audio After Sleep/Wake - AppleHDA Realtek Audio [Fixes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: I found some mysterious things about "no sound after sleep" in my system.

1. With SMBIOS set to Mac Pro 3.1 in config.plist anf nothing done but audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0g.command. Moving realtekALC.kext and FakeSMC.kext to EFI (and deleting them in S/L/E) sound is active after a short sleep (wking up after some seconds when system fan still is blowing) - but will get silent after 10 seconds. But if I let play a movie or MP3 the sound stays alive as long as this sound stream is on. After closing the movis/MP3 and waiting 10 seconds sound is silent again.

2. CodecCommander.kext: adding to EFI nothing changed. Adding to /S/L/E via Kext Utility sound is silent wether a short (seconds) oder a long sleep (after cpu fans shut off) occurs.

3. Trying to use old kexts from Multibeast 6.1: Extracting AppleHDA-887_v100302.pkg and installing its AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E results in all sound devices removed.

4. Changing Mac type in config.plist/SMBIOS to iMac 13.2 (which has an Ivy Bridge cpu too) changed the situation a bit: After a long sleep sound is silent 10 s after wake up. After a short sleep sound is active and stays alive.
Therefore my interim solution is this. If a longer sleep happens I just have to let my hackintosh do a short sleep and sound is working again.

4. Changing Mac type in config.plist/SMBIOS to iMac 13.2 (which has an Ivy Bridge cpu too) changed the situation a bit: After a long sleep sound is silent 10 s after wake up. After a short sleep sound is active and stays alive.
Therefore my interim solution is this. If a longer sleep happens I just have to let my hackintosh do a short sleep and sound is working again.

I found the same thing, but using SMBIOS iMac 13,2 on my config does not require CodecCommander at all. Sounds simply works after 15 secs after I woke from sleep. I only heave the realtekALC in EFI and vanilla AppleHDA.

You can try it without CodecCommander but make sure darkwake is set to 8 or 10 (I find 10 to be better with powernap - if you plan to use it.)

Sound should work after sleep.

Oh sorry, I missed making this clear: I don't use CodecCommander in 4. at all.
A good info just to wait 15 s :)

Moving realtekALC.kext and FakeSMC.kext to EFI (and deleting them in S/L/E)

2. CodecCommander.kext: adding to EFI nothing changed.

3. Trying to use old kexts from Multibeast 6.1: Extracting AppleHDA-887_v100302.pkg and installing its AppleHDA.kext in /S/L/E results in all sound devices removed.
1. realtekALC is not installed in S/L/E, always installs in EFI
2. CodecCommander does not work in EFI, EFI is not available after boot
3. Clover/AppleHDA patches disable MultiBeast/AppleHDA, remove config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/AppleHDA patches

3. Clover/AppleHDA patches disable MultiBeast/AppleHDA, remove config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/AppleHDA patches

1. Yes, I know.
2. I just tried it. It really doesn't work, as you said. But it doesn't work in S/L/E too in my system.
3. This is a very good advice. I will test it. Thank you!

So you are saying that KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/AppleHDA list attached is not added by audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f command? Should be safe to remove?

Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 21.18.56.png

So you are saying that KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/AppleHDA list attached is not added by audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f command? Should be safe to remove?
No, patches are added by cloverALC, requires native AppleHDA.kext.
To repeat: the cloverALC patches disable MultiBeast/AppleHDA, result no audio.
To clarify: for MultiBeast/AppleHDA, remove Clover AppleHDA patches.

Just curious, so does the board have a built in amp for black (rear channel) that apple HDA does not interfere with? It is curious that my new build has none of the popping noises that my old setup did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back