Graphics
Intel 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi oh great guru's of tonymac86, I see a recurring theme on here about no audio after sleep, I see many posts and links to so called fixes, many of these need a degree in computer science to fathom out how to implement said fix. With each of these posts others like me have to ask for explanations about SLE inject xyz at line n in blahblah ....

I have been battling with this problem for 6 months, recently after Yosemite 10.10.4 and re-build using the latest Mulitbeast things worked for about a week, now we are back to the same once again, with no sound after sleep, it returns after a reboot.

It would be awesome if someone could just write up a simple step by step things to check and try in order to attempt to fix said issue

Well that's a fairly comprehensive explanation, however I have to ask what is codec commander ? how do you install it ? some kind of idiots guide would be useful here, as I am feeling like a complete idiot right now. I have downloaded the zip file and exracted the myriad of components directories etc, was expecting to find something that pinpointed my on how to use/install/run and what to configure for the ALC1150 ......

Well that's a fairly comprehensive explanation, however I have to ask what is codec commander ? how do you install it ? some kind of idiots guide would be useful here, as I am feeling like a complete idiot right now. I have downloaded the zip file and exracted the myriad of components directories etc, was expecting to find something that pinpointed my on how to use/install/run and what to configure for the ALC1150 ......

You have to read what is on the linked website

Hi oh great guru's of tonymac86, I see a recurring theme on here about no audio after sleep, I see many posts and links to so called fixes, many of these need a degree in computer science to fathom out how to implement said fix. With each of these posts others like me have to ask for explanations about SLE inject xyz at line n in blahblah ....

I have been battling with this problem for 6 months, recently after Yosemite 10.10.4 and re-build using the latest Mulitbeast things worked for about a week, now we are back to the same once again, with no sound after sleep, it returns after a reboot.

It would be awesome if someone could just write up a simple step by step things to check and try in order to attempt to fix said issue
Hey, dude

You will need the kext called "CodeCommander.kext" made by @RehabMan. I use Z97X-3DH too and the CodeCommander.kext works perfectly on my hack.

Hey

Dolnor is a good choice but you have to edit the native codes by yourself. Why not to try CodecCommander made by @RehabMan, whose CodeCommander does not require editing. Just put it into the /S/L/E folder.

Got a link?

Hi Tom

Many thanks for the information, I am now trying this out, I downloaded the latest version which and have just put the CodecCommander.kext folder/directory in SLE or those that have now idea what SLE relates to this is /System/Library/Extensions folder, I have merely performed a reboot of the system. I know await to see if by some miracle this simple approach works.

Once again thanks Tom for the information.

Hi Tom

Many thanks for the information, I am now trying this out, I downloaded the latest version which and have just put the CodecCommander.kext folder/directory in SLE or those that have now idea what SLE relates to this is /System/Library/Extensions folder, I have merely performed a reboot of the system. I know await to see if by some miracle this simple approach works.

Once again thanks Tom for the information.

You need to boot with the flag darkwake=8 in addition to this kext if you aren't already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back