Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
EFI-X to tonym newb issues

Hello fellow EULA violators ;-)

I chose this weekend to get off the EFI-X train. I have had reasonable success with the Tony resources. I sacrificed a few things for the cause. My main reason for leaving EFI-X behind even though I had great stability was to get on Mountain Lion without springing for another $300 EFI-X dongle.

Notes:

My OCZ SSD flat failed to work after running Multibeast and after reading about issues with OCZ on ML I ditched it for now :(

My Desktop disk icons have changed from the defaults to orange ones. The others seem to have remained the same.

My 888 audio chip sort of worked but had enough issues I turned it off in BIOS and went back to a cheap USB audio dongle I had in the drawer. It was filling the log with errors and the main output was filled with white noise. I had to use the "rear" output to get audio with 888. I did not look at trying the Voodoo stuff.

I bought a generic NEC based USB3 card and it works with the MB rollback BUT drops the mount under heavy IO. This seems to be a common issue with these and I don't have Windows handy to update the firmware. I may exchange it for a different NEC based card and hope for better results. I tried the Lacie drivers but that stopped it mounting altogether. The attached lof shows the Lacie, not the rollback. edit: It seems like the kext files posted by hackmytosh12 near the end of this thread http://goo.gl/0muaT gave me a working USB3 interface.

My D-Link Bluetooth dongle was impossible with my Magic Trackpad. I looked for the IOGear locally to get BT4 but all I could find was the Rocketfish. No BT4 but the other problems went away. I may still try one at some point. I am curious what the feature comparison is.

Apple System Profiler reports that 1 of my 3 DIMM's are 400mhz. I am hoping this is actually just a glitch and not in fact true. I swapped the DIMM's and the same socket reports the numbers. The BIOS looks uniform across all 4 sockets. I am not doing any fancy overclocking and in fact started out underclocking. My Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3 was just repaired by them after it died so it could also be it has a problem they missed. They didn't even update the firmware.

Attachments

• Memory_fail.png
    Memory_fail.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 192
  • USB3_fail.txt
    6.2 KB · Views: 281
For the orange icons download 3rd party sata from multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back