Contribute
Register

New XPS 15 (9560) compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I received my 9560 today (4k, 16 gb RAM) with a 512 Toshiba NVMe SSD - do I need to do anything special for macOS to recognize it?

Would anyone be interested in writing a guide?

Does the HDMI run off the nvidia GPU or the Intel? If it's the former, I'm guessing it would never work under MacOS?

Does the HDMI run off the nvidia GPU or the Intel? If it's the former, I'm guessing it would never work under MacOS?

Never is a long time but perhaps one day when the planets are aligned and hell freezes over. In the meantime, there are G-Sync laptops which will work with the nvidia drivers under sierra.

Well I managed to get my USB stick ready using Pandora and copying the relevant CLOVER patches from https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9560-OSX/ to it. The stick boots fine but no disks are showing up in the installer.

I have a Toshiba NVMe SSD (\_SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX) Any ideas on how to get it to recognize it?

Plus does anyone think we will ever get Killer Wifi to work? Would it be possible to recompile the linux driver to OS X?

Does anyone have HDMI working?

Last edited:
Well I managed to get my USB stick ready using Pandora and copying the relevant CLOVER patches from https://github.com/wmchris/DellXPS15-9560-OSX/ to it. The stick boots fine but no disks are showing up in the installer.

I have a Toshiba NVMe SSD (\_SB.PCI0.RP09.PXSX) Any ideas on how to get it to recognize it?

Plus does anyone think we will ever get Killer Wifi to work? Would it be possible to recompile the linux driver to OS X?

Does anyone have HDMI working?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

I've just been reading @bozma88's fantastic guide for the new XPS 13 (9360).

Does anyone know whether the new XPS 15 (9560) will also be compatible?

Mine arrived today, keen to get it running OSX
Does the GTX 1050 Work with the new nvidia drivers. Someone please check this since this is the desktop 1050 and not the mobile one.

Uh, I'm also looking to buy the XPS 15 (9560), would be cool to run it with OSX. But I don't think my hackintosh skills are up for making it on my own. Would be really awesome if someone managed to get it working and putted together a guide :)

Uh, I'm also looking to buy the XPS 15 (9560), would be cool to run it with OSX. But I don't think my hackintosh skills are up for making it on my own. Would be really awesome if someone managed to get it working and putted together a guide :)

A guide would be very awesome, indeed! The 13" model and the older 9550 both have one, but no one has made one for the 9560 model :/
I really hope someone with some spare time could make one :)

Does the GTX 1050 Work with the new nvidia drivers. Someone please check this since this is the desktop 1050 and not the mobile one.
When your notebook doesn´t use a switchable DGPU configuration like Nvidia Optimus, you can get it working, otherwise it doesn´t work.
You can check it when you run "lspci -nn" in Linux terminal. You don´t need to install Lnux, you can run it as a live system on a USB drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back