Contribute
Register

New XPS 15 (9560) compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys! Finaly Im joining you. After alot of research and going after some blury contradictions I finaly need to make something sure before I can continue.

Properly all of us is taking the https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-dell-xps13-9360-2016-sierra-10-12-2.212335/ Guide as our main reference.

In my case I bought the top noche version with 1TB, 32GB, 4K etc. So I was pretty scared of the fact that I should change the DVMT and may brick the little expansive device.

In both Threads (This & the 9360-Guide) something like "9560 does not need DVMT-Prealloc change." or "Most of the Kaby Lake go with 64 by default" comes up every now and then.

After the info I went to find out in my 9560-BIOS: "Intel Software Guarded Extensions > Enclaved Memory Size" which is set to 128 by default.

So: Ill be fine without the "mandatory step" as the 9360-Guide asserts?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5768.JPG
    IMG_5768.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 981

Attachments

• config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 122

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 95
  • IMG_5778.JPG
    IMG_5778.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 176
I thought the "Enclaved Memory Size: 128M" ist the parameter which let me go without the DVMT-prealloc. So I'm wrong?

No idea what you're referring to.

Sorry, I forgot. See attachments.

Is this booting the installer? Or something else? Your profile does not indicate screen resolution as per FAQ request. Without that detail, I cannot offer any help.

Please fix your profile as per FAQ.

Also, your verbose boot image is not legible.

No idea what you're referring to.
I'm refering to my image from post #91. My BIOS-Settings were already set to 128MB at parameter "Intel Software Guarded Extensions > Enclaved Memory Size". This made me think, I could go without the DVMT-prealloc. Did I get it wrong?

Is this booting the installer? Or something else?
It's the installer.

Please fix your profile as per FAQ.
I'm on the 4K-Version of the 9560 and fixed my signature.

Also, your verbose boot image is not legible.
I took a picture of the whole screen and uploaded a pretty big file which is only not legible because of the shrink by the forum preview. Anyway here is the cut any my clover-folder.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-31 um 22.37.35.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-31 um 22.37.35.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 165
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
  • bios.JPG
    bios.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 434
I'm refering to my image from post #91. My BIOS-Settings were already set to 128MB at parameter "Intel Software Guarded Extensions > Enclaved Memory Size". This made me think, I could go without the DVMT-prealloc. Did I get it wrong?

My guess is it has nothing to do with DVMT-prealloc.

It's the installer.
I'm on the 4K-Version of the 9560 and fixed my signature.

As per guide/FAQ, you must use an invalid ig-platform-id until you can patch for the pixel clock limitation.

MacOS Sierra installer is not recognizing my drive in my 9560. It is unfortunately a LiteOn drive. Any ideas how to get this SSD to be recognized in the installer. Diskutil list also brings up nothing in this regard prior to the installer. BIOS is set to AHCI mode. 9560 i7 4K 512gb 16gb. Thank you in advance for any input.

MacOS Sierra installer is not recognizing my drive in my 9560. It is unfortunately a LiteOn drive. Any ideas how to get this SSD to be recognized in the installer. Diskutil list also brings up nothing in this regard prior to the installer. BIOS is set to AHCI mode. 9560 i7 4K 512gb 16gb. Thank you in advance for any input.

Read the FAQ regarding NVMe (and related links/READMEs, etc.)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back