Contribute
Register

New XPS 15 (9560) compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody get graphics acceleration to work on 10.13.1 beta 2,3,4, or 5 with this laptop? I can't and I've tried all month.

Hi,
I have update my xps 9560 4k to 10.12.6. Now I get an infinite black screen after the verbose mode.
I tried different things from some posts I read. I can get it working only by using an external monitor (tried with thunderbolt 3 to HDMI cable) or by setting ig-platform-id to a value that make the system loading with only 31mb of video memory.
Here's my Clover folder (I set serial number to "XXXX" before upload so don't look it).
What should I do?
Thanks

Attachments

• Clover.rar
    5 MB · Views: 85
Hi,
I have update my xps 9560 4k to 10.12.6. Now I get an infinite black screen after the verbose mode.
I tried different things from some posts I read. I can get it working only by using an external monitor (tried with thunderbolt 3 to HDMI cable) or by setting ig-platform-id to a value that make the system loading with only 31mb of video memory.
Here's my Clover folder (I set serial number to "XXXX" before upload so don't look it).
What should I do?
Thanks

Make sure you applied patches/kexts required to defeat the pixel clock limit.

Make sure you applied patches/kexts required to defeat the pixel clock limit.
thank you for reply.
Maybe I bad explained my issue. The problem is that I can't get my "internal" notebook monitor working. The only way to get my hackintosh working is using an external monitor (but here the internal monitor doesn't work) or setting the ig-platform-id to a null value (and here the internel monitor works). Maybe is a brightness issue?
Isn't that patch/kext to make working 4k/60Hz on external monitor?
Thanks

Hey all, have any of you been able to thunderbolt dock this hackintosh? For example the Dell TB16 or WD15? I read somewhere that the dock can only supply power or data but not both. I find it weird that it can't do both under MacOS, but it can under Windows 10?

thank you for reply.
Maybe I bad explained my issue. The problem is that I can't get my "internal" notebook monitor working. The only way to get my hackintosh working is using an external monitor (but here the internal monitor doesn't work) or setting the ig-platform-id to a null value (and here the internel monitor works). Maybe is a brightness issue?
Isn't that patch/kext to make working 4k/60Hz on external monitor?
Thanks

As mentioned, likely pixel clock limit problem.
Read FAQ.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I'm thinking about getting the XPS 15 9560. Does anyone have a definitive guide for this laptop or the proper order to install MacOS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back