New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleep key delay now working great, thanks! :thumbup:

RehabMan is really a iGenius.
I am back up running!
THANKS!
How can i send you a beer?

Rightclick with 2 fingers is working for me only 1 out of 10 now.
And when it does: jumps curor jumps 1inch below.
Any idea?

Yes, media keys and other special functions (sleep, etc.) normally accessed with Fn can now be just the key. Fn+fkeys gives you F1..F12. It is built-in to the driver so it stays on reboot.

It is enabled by default in this version as I have those keys remapped in the Info.plist that is part of the package you download. I made it default because I want people to test it, the Info.plist that is included serves as an example of how to do scan code remap, and... I kind of like it so far...

Oh, actually I prefer Fn + F keys for media functions, but it's really cool that we can now swap the function. Can you make a button to switch between modes?

Hi,

I'd just like to point out that I have downloaded your new version (RehabMan-Voodoo-2012-1013a.zip) and everything still works perfect, and tapping on a menu while dragging is enabled is now fixed.

To make it work, just go to Trackpad in System Preferences, and on the Double-click speed slider, counting from the right-side (Fast) adjust it to the 2nd line, meaning a line before the last one. If you put it to the last one, which is the fastest, double-tapping is almost impossible. On the other hand, if you put the Double-click speed slower than that, the issue with tapping a menu remains.

Therefore, a line before the last one is the perfect combination, you get to have dragging enabled with no issues, and double-tapping works great.

Note: Before this kext update, even at the fastest speed I still had issues, so Rehabman's new kexts really solved it.

Thanks again Rehabman! You really know how to improve the user experience of a Hackintosh! Kudos!:thumbup:

just tested the new version,works great!
Thank you again rehabman!
please don't stop your work :D (like many others very good devs!)

Tried this but right click with two fingers is still an issue here.
Was working better with standard kext.
Other then that, nice work.

Rehab, maybe add for

Display icon (F4) - Mission Control
Lock icon (F5) - Dashboard
Battery icon (F6) - Empty or Launch Pad

like on real mac keyboards?

----

and yeah two-fingers-tap for right click works worse than the previous version

----

PS: Next/Previous track only works in iTunes. For example in Spotify don't work but with apple keyboard all works. Play/Pause work in iTunes and Spotify.

vote for zaffe,good idea!
i even thought about this "useless" buttons

RehabMan is really a iGenius.
I am back up running!
THANKS!
How can i send you a beer?

Rightclick with 2 fingers is working for me only 1 out of 10 now.
And when it does: jumps curor jumps 1inch below.
Any idea?

Two finger right click is a known problem area. I plan to look at it. I have some ideas to improve stabilization of tapping in general, and I think it will benefit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back