Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the link. I have attached the relevant information as required for problem determination in this thread. Still don't understand why replacing a hard drive will make the trackpad not working.

EDIT. I installed Dr Hunt's version and now the trackpad works. Attachment removed.

Thanks and Regards,

jkl555

I think you mean "Dr Hurt". That version is for ALPS (going from memory). The version discussed here is for Synaptics.

I think you mean "Dr Hurt". That version is for ALPS (going from memory). The version discussed here is for Synaptics.

I do not know how to tell if I have Synaptics or not. But one thing I would like to point out it in my first post the screenshot (before I move to SSD) the trackpad can be recognized by VoodooPS2Mouse. But it no longer works after I clone the disk image to SSD. And now it is VoodooPS2Trackpad of Dr Hurt's version that recognize the trackpad instead.

I do not know how to tell if I have Synaptics or not. But one thing I would like to point out it in my first post the screenshot (before I move to SSD) the trackpad can be recognized by VoodooPS2Mouse. But it no longer works after I clone the disk image to SSD. And now it is VoodooPS2Trackpad of Dr Hurt's version that recognize the trackpad instead.

VoodooPS2Mouse with my driver means that it was not Synaptics.

Yup, but this is what I see in my trackpad preferences (attached pic)
It works, but I cannot set "tap to click" because it isn't detected as a trackpad, but instead as a regular mouse in System Preferences (I don't know why)

Is that a "normal behavior" considering that is Sierra?

EDIT: Reading the latest posts, it seems that is a common issue, but no one has attached an IOReg file before.

Hey, I have the same issue right now on Sierra. Touchpad isn't detected and the SysPrefs suggest to look for a bluetooth one.

My Specs:
Lenovo Ideapad 310 -141KB
CPU: Intel i5-7200U
Graphic: Nvidia Geforce 920MX + Intel HD 620

Hi, Im having problem in my voodoo controller.kext, which they appeared not loading.
1. Im using the latest VoodooController.zip file date (2017-07-22).
2. Follow all the information given on the GitHub: Install VoodooController
3. After several restart keyboard and mouse still not working, kexts not showing the voodoops2controller.kext, and sysprefs still does not recognised trackpad.

Note:
I have checked my touchpad driver with windows. First it detects as PS/2 Trackpad. Which still works, after installing driver ELAN Driver for my trackpad. So I might be able to use PS/2 Driver as long as it works.

If you said that my hackintosh is error during install. why I am able to install Sound with AppleHDAPatcher. Using Conexant CX20752. After apply the patch on clover and put aDummyHda.kext. Which you can see in kext cache. and the services AppleHDAController, AppleHDA is working fine.

So is there a need to patch my trackpad in order to work?

And this is the result of the terminal I put inside the zip since its hard to copy and paste the code here (Hard to see for user).
Anyway this is my zip followed the guide given.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day

Attachments

• To be sent.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 113
My Specs:
Lenovo Ideapad 310 -141KB
CPU: Intel i5-7200U
Graphic: Nvidia Geforce 920MX + Intel HD 620

Hi, Im having problem in my voodoo controller.kext, which they appeared not loading.
1. Im using the latest VoodooController.zip file date (2017-07-22).
2. Follow all the information given on the GitHub: Install VoodooController
3. After several restart keyboard and mouse still not working, kexts not showing the voodoops2controller.kext, and sysprefs still does not recognised trackpad.

Note:
I have checked my touchpad driver with windows. First it detects as PS/2 Trackpad. Which still works, after installing driver ELAN Driver for my trackpad. So I might be able to use PS/2 Driver as long as it works.

If you said that my hackintosh is error during install. why I am able to install Sound with AppleHDAPatcher. Using Conexant CX20752. After apply the patch on clover and put aDummyHda.kext. Which you can see in kext cache. and the services AppleHDAController, AppleHDA is working fine.

So is there a need to patch my trackpad in order to work?

And this is the result of the terminal I put inside the zip since its hard to copy and paste the code here (Hard to see for user).
Anyway this is my zip followed the guide given.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day

You forgot to press F4 in Clover.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

First of all thank you very much for this kext Rehabman.

I would like to know, is it possible to use the swipe between pages gesture with this kext?

First of all thank you very much for this kext Rehabman.

I would like to know, is it possible to use the swipe between pages gesture with this kext?

You can change the assignment of three-finger swipes, but there is no support for two-finger swipes.
Two fingers always resolve to horizontal scrolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back