Contribute
Register

New VoodooPS2Controller, Keyboard, Trackpad (ClickPad support)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Specs:
Lenovo Ideapad 310 -141KB
CPU: Intel i5-7200U
Graphic: Nvidia Geforce 920MX + Intel HD 620

Hi, Im having problem in my voodoo controller.kext, which they appeared not loading.
1. Im using the latest VoodooController.zip file date (2017-07-22).
2. Follow all the information given on the GitHub: Install VoodooController
3. After several restart keyboard and mouse still not working, kexts not showing the voodoops2controller.kext, and sysprefs still does not recognised trackpad.

Note:
I have checked my touchpad driver with windows. First it detects as PS/2 Trackpad. Which still works, after installing driver ELAN Driver for my trackpad. So I might be able to use PS/2 Driver as long as it works.

If you said that my hackintosh is error during install. why I am able to install Sound with AppleHDAPatcher. Using Conexant CX20752. After apply the patch on clover and put aDummyHda.kext. Which you can see in kext cache. and the services AppleHDAController, AppleHDA is working fine.

So is there a need to patch my trackpad in order to work?

And this is the result of the terminal I put inside the zip since its hard to copy and paste the code here (Hard to see for user).
Anyway this is my zip followed the guide given.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day

Attachments

• To be sent.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 113
My Specs:
Lenovo Ideapad 310 -141KB
CPU: Intel i5-7200U
Graphic: Nvidia Geforce 920MX + Intel HD 620

Hi, Im having problem in my voodoo controller.kext, which they appeared not loading.
1. Im using the latest VoodooController.zip file date (2017-07-22).
2. Follow all the information given on the GitHub: Install VoodooController
3. After several restart keyboard and mouse still not working, kexts not showing the voodoops2controller.kext, and sysprefs still does not recognised trackpad.

Note:
I have checked my touchpad driver with windows. First it detects as PS/2 Trackpad. Which still works, after installing driver ELAN Driver for my trackpad. So I might be able to use PS/2 Driver as long as it works.

If you said that my hackintosh is error during install. why I am able to install Sound with AppleHDAPatcher. Using Conexant CX20752. After apply the patch on clover and put aDummyHda.kext. Which you can see in kext cache. and the services AppleHDAController, AppleHDA is working fine.

So is there a need to patch my trackpad in order to work?

And this is the result of the terminal I put inside the zip since its hard to copy and paste the code here (Hard to see for user).
Anyway this is my zip followed the guide given.

Thanks for your time and have a nice day

You forgot to press F4 in Clover.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

First of all thank you very much for this kext Rehabman.

I would like to know, is it possible to use the swipe between pages gesture with this kext?

First of all thank you very much for this kext Rehabman.

I would like to know, is it possible to use the swipe between pages gesture with this kext?

You can change the assignment of three-finger swipes, but there is no support for two-finger swipes.
Two fingers always resolve to horizontal scrolling.

For those of you with Synaptics ClickPads

Note: I should also mention that this kext should work well for any modern Synaptics touchpad. It is just that the new feature is ClickPad support. But I've been working on improving this driver for normal Synaptics pads for quite a while.

I know there is some Lenovo/Sony laptops that have Synaptics ClickPad...

I've been doing some implementing of "extended w mode" specifically to support ClickPads like yours. Maybe you could give it a try and see how it works. Here is what's implemented:

- If you touch the trackpad with your other finger while holding the "pad button" down with the first finger, it will track the secondary finger using extended w mode secondary finger packets.

- If you have your first finger tracking (not depressing the button), you can still click the "pad button" anywhere on the pad. Most areas are left clicks, except for the "right button area." I use the secondary finger packet information to determine where that secondary finger is touching (for right/left determination).

- Basic clicking is supported by the "pad button." Left clicks in most areas of the pad, and right click in the right button area.

- Two fingers down and pressing the "pad button" should register a right click. It depends on timing though... you must depress the "pad button" within the double click time from first touch on the pad.

If you have the desire and the ability to build this version and have one of these clickpads, give it a try and let me know how it goes...

Sources & installation instructions are here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Instructions for building:
- Install xcode, if you don't have it already
- Download or 'git clone' the code from my github repo
- Open the VoodooPS2Controller.xcodeproj
- Select the "All > My Mac 64-bit" scheme
- Choose Product -> Build
- Select the VoodooPS2Controller.kext in the Products folder from the project viewer on the left side
- Choose File -> Show In Finder

Edit: I decided to provide a build -- see the attachment below. Give it a try and please report back. Thanks!

Edit: 2013-0127. Provided new build. Fixed issue with secondary packets with non-touch Z. Please try it.

Edit: 2013-0129. New build. This time some fixes for logic in right-click. Please try and report back.

Edit: 2013-0207. New build (v1.7.12). This version has some changed logic for tracking the secondary fingers. In order to fix difficulties that birkley was having with his trackpad both fingers are tracked simultaneously. This can be turned on/off in the Info.plist: setting ClickPadTrackBoth (default is Yes). This version also has a lot of other changes for stability at startup and wake from sleep. It is the same version distributed in the ProBook forum, but without the special keyboard mappings and higher FingerZ. Please test and provide feedback.

Edit: 2013-0210. New build to fix problem with keyboard controller returning 0xFA from 0xEE (Test Keyboard Echo) command. Now allow proper response (0xEE) and 0xFA.

Edit: 2013-0215: In addition to 0xFA being allowed, now allowing 0x00. Considering just removing this test completely in future builds...

Edit: 2013-0218: See github README.md for details on the changes. This is just bug fixes and re-written interrupt/data handling. Big changes here, hopefully more stable not less. I leave the older version just in case.

Edit: 2013-0221a (replaces 0220 and 0221): See github README.md for some details on the changes. Fixes startup issues (hopefully) and perhaps some of the "key repeats forever" issues. Also adds a new feature "Breakless PS2" for those with keyboards that have keys (Fn+fkeys mostly) that do not generate break codes. This 'a' release fixes the 'breakless' feature and adds support for passthru middle button/scrolling.

Edit: 2013-0225: See github README.md for details on the changes. Mostly these are bug fixes to "pass through" functionality discussed/debugged/tested by 'crimsonmac'.

Edit: 2013-0226: New build 1.7.17. This one fixes a problem with the Debug build (KP on startup), due to a bug in OS X IOMallocAligned.

Edit: 2013-0304: New build 1.8.0. See README.md. Mostly fixes for Snow Leopard and now uses motherboard ID from FakeSMC to find configuration data. If you have customized the keyboard layout for your specific laptop, please submit your Info.plist changes, and I will integrate the changes into the next version of the driver.

New Release 2013-03-15 Version 1.8.1. Mostly a bug fix release with a couple of new features. Also, it has been optimized a bit (so it is smaller, with less symbols exported to the kernel). See the change log for more details.

See this post for more information on 1.8.0 release: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...ntroller-keyboard-trackpad-95.html#post562005

New Download Link at Google Code: https://code.google.com/p/os-x-voodoo-ps2-controller/
The device I'm using is Surface PRO 3, but the "VoodooPS2Controller.kext" is not recognized, and is not supported by kext? My USB only shows Surface Type Cover. How can I solve it?

tye.png
r t y.png

Last login: Sat Aug 5 23:16:44 on ttys000

Zhangs-MacBook-Pro:~ zhang$ /Users/zhang/Downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2017-0722/Debug/VoodooPS2Daemon ; exit;

Sat Aug 5 23:23:24 2017: VoodooPS2Daemon 1.8.21 starting...

g_startupDelay: 1000000

g_notificationDelay: 20000

No ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad or ApplePS2Mouse found

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

The device I'm using is Surface PRO 3, but the "VoodooPS2Controller.kext" is not recognized, and is not supported by kext? My USB only shows Surface Type Cover. How can I solve it?

View attachment 270547
View attachment 270548

Last login: Sat Aug 5 23:16:44 on ttys000

Zhangs-MacBook-Pro:~ zhang$ /Users/zhang/Downloads/RehabMan-Voodoo-2017-0722/Debug/VoodooPS2Daemon ; exit;

Sat Aug 5 23:23:24 2017: VoodooPS2Daemon 1.8.21 starting...

g_startupDelay: 1000000

g_notificationDelay: 20000

No ApplePS2SynapticsTouchPad or ApplePS2Mouse found

logout

Saving session...

...copying shared history...

...saving history...truncating history files...

...completed.

The Surface series does not use PS2.
Probably they are USB.

The Surface series does not use PS2.
Probably they are USB.
At the moment, Mac can't find my surface totrackpad and the gesture doesn't work. How can I solve it?

At the moment, Mac can't find my surface totrackpad and the gesture doesn't work. How can I solve it?

You should not expect PS2 drivers to work with USB devices.
Use google to find guides/info for your specific laptop's trackpad.

Hi RehabMan,
I love the kext, it works nicely with 2 finger scrolling and everything, but is there a way to get tap-to-click working with the basic trackpad? I'm using an HP Pavilion G6 2303TX btw. Thanks for the kext!

Hi RehabMan,
I love the kext, it works nicely with 2 finger scrolling and everything, but is there a way to get tap-to-click working with the basic trackpad? I'm using an HP Pavilion G6 2303TX btw. Thanks for the kext!

SysPrefs->Trackpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back