Contribute
Register

new to hackintosh - help checking hardware is okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone, I am building my first hackintosh ever so wanted if you guys could check my hardware before buying anything:

*some links are from MercadoLibre from my country, therefore in spanish, and some others from Amazon, I am buying some parts in the US

If the other motherboard does not apply, this is the other alteranive I have: Motherboard

*I prefer going for the BitFenix Prodigy case*

I am open to any suggestions, I am not buying the video card yet, I will in the near future, but don't worry about it yet.
Is the BIOS in the ASUS card easy to configure? Would you say I go with that one, ot a GIGABYTE or else? If so, could you tell me which one? [socket 1150]

I think I am not forgetting about anything :)

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Yes, the CPU and Asus board are both fully compatible. Sure hope you're not
going to pay over $400 for the wifi card though.

TRS 2015-02-17 at 5.15.30 PM.jpg

What does that card cost in US dollars ?

I would spend at least 20 dollars more on a 120GB SSD as the one you've
chosen will fill up in a hurry. The Samsung 850 Evo 120GB was just on sale
for 60 USD just one day ago. I would also go with the GMYLE BT adapter instead
of the Asus one you've chosen. I'ts easier to get fully working.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007MKMJGO/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=tonymacx86com-20

Yes, the CPU and Asus board are both fully compatible. Sure hope you're not
going to pay over $400 for the wifi card though.

View attachment 126825

What does that card cost in US dollars ?

I would spend at least 20 dollars more on a 120GB SSD as the one you've
chosen will fill up in a hurry. The Samsung 850 Evo 120GB was just on sale
for 60 USD just one day ago.

All the ones in "mercadolibre.com" are Argentinian Pesos, not US dollars haha, 469 ARS are about 40 US dollars.

And thanks for the 120 gb advice :) i will update it with what I found in Amazon. I would buy everything from amazon, but a friend is going to the US and can bring limited stuff, and we cannot import from argentina at the time, so yeah.. haha

Also, i saw that if i go for the Micro ATX and the BitFenix case, I wont be able to have both, a graphics card and the wifi card, what would you recommend me?

*Forgetting about the Micro and BitFenix and go for regular size motherboard and case?
*going for a USB wifi adapter which isn't allways a good connection?

Btw, thanks for the fast reply!

Also, i saw that if i go for the Micro ATX and the BitFenix case, I wont be able to have both, a graphics card and the wifi card, what would you recommend me?

*Forgetting about the Micro and BitFenix and go for regular size motherboard and case?
*going for a USB wifi adapter which isn't allways a good connection?

Btw, thanks for the fast reply!

You can use one of the other PCI-e slots on the mATX motherboard. So the TP-Link would
still be an option even with a graphics card.

TRS 2015-02-17 at 5.39.27 PM.jpg

You can use one of the other PCI-e slots on the mATX motherboard. So the TP-Link would
still be an option even with a graphics card.

View attachment 126840

In that case, I am restrincted to use only single slot cards, which one would you reccomend me, ignoring the price?

And thanks again for the fast answers :)

No reason you can't use a double slot graphics card. The TP-Link can go in any of those slots
pictured. Doesn't have to go in the x1 PCI-e slot only. I'm considering one of the new GTX
960 cards for my Z97X system. Great value and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back