Contribute
Register

[NEW / TESTING] Intel 7th Generation Kaby Lake CPUs + 200 Series Motherboards in macOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm going to get some heat from this, but is there anyone willing to do a step by step video for the 200 series moBo (preferably Gigabyte) Kaby lake? I've been over here for 2 weeks now almost everyday trying to understand how to do this. I see with this I'm more of a visual then reading type. The one video close to it is in another language. I need help BAD!

I know I'm going to get some heat from this, but is there anyone willing to do a step by step video for the 200 series moBo (preferably Gigabyte) Kaby lake? I've been over here for 2 weeks now almost everyday trying to understand how to do this. I see with this I'm more of a visual then reading type. The one video close to it is in another language. I need help BAD!
Can you describe your specs?

new AFPS will be used on high Sierra 10.13
10.12.6 pb3 has native kaby lake support.
simply followed apple instructions to receive the public beta 3 update
I followed Apple instructions, I installed the beta utility but thought app store I don't see PB release .....

I apologize ahead of time if I leave anything out.
Gigabyte Z270 UD5
i7 77000k
Cool Master Hyper 212
Whatever graphics comes on the mob
32gb ram VENGEANCE led
4tb hard drive (NAS for desktop)
1tb WD Blue hard drive
500gb Samsung ssd
250gb Samsung ssd
Fenvi 1300Mbps network adapter
and a Lite On disk reader (some software still come on disk....lol)

Edit...still up trying. This is where I'm stuck at now.....no movement at all, like it's stuck.

Attachments

• 1498024335270261207689.jpg
    1498024335270261207689.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
I apologize ahead of time if I leave anything out.
Gigabyte Z270 UD5
i7 77000k
Cool Master Hyper 212
Whatever graphics comes on the mob
32gb ram VENGEANCE led
4tb hard drive (NAS for desktop)
1tb WD Blue hard drive
500gb Samsung ssd
250gb Samsung ssd
Fenvi 1300Mbps network adapter
and a Lite On disk reader (some software still come on disk....lol)

Edit...still up trying. This is where I'm stuck at now.....no movement at all, like it's stuck.

Probably you forgot FakeCPUID...
No idea when you don't attach your EFI/Clover.

I'm stuck (image attached) and would appreciate help! Before a few changes, attempting to load the Unibeast stick was always stuck at the  logo.

Changing the boot args works in the boot loader itself to make a little progress, as seen in the attached picture. However, the modified Clover config.plist with the same changes doesn't seem to have impact, as I only see the  again.

Modifications
Added -v and slide=0 to boot arguments manually
Added 0x0506E3 as cpu Identifier manually

I modified the config.plist line CsrActiveConfig with 0x67, but it didn't have any impact. I have also attempted to use a 10.12.2 image instead of 10.12.5, but nothing changed. I also tried all USB ports on the board. Thanks in advance.

System info:
i7-7700 Intel 630
16GB 3200
GA-Z270N-WIFI

Attachments

• IMG_2600.JPG
    IMG_2600.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 86
I'm stuck (image attached) and would appreciate help! Before a few changes, attempting to load the Unibeast stick was always stuck at the  logo.

Changing the boot args works in the boot loader itself to make a little progress, as seen in the attached picture. However, the modified Clover config.plist with the same changes doesn't seem to have impact, as I only see the  again.

Modifications
Added -v and slide=0 to boot arguments manually
Added 0x0506E3 as cpu Identifier manually

I modified the config.plist line CsrActiveConfig with 0x67, but it didn't have any impact. I have also attempted to use a 10.12.2 image instead of 10.12.5, but nothing changed. I also tried all USB ports on the board. Thanks in advance.

System info:
i7-7700 Intel 630
16GB 3200
GA-Z270N-WIFI

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
(eg. attach EFI/Clover as ZIP without themes)

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back