Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you have suffered from so much bad advice. If your ProTools needs to run on Lion, then that surly is your priority.

• UniBeast 1.4? o_O
  • EVGA GTX 770 - Requires a minimum of 10.8.5 to work - 10.9 is better
  • X79 I think needs to run on 10.8, it might just run on 10.7.5

I suggest that you have a clear think about priorities and come to a decision about how to move forward.

Adrian B

Ok so I will use unibeast 3.1 and go for it with ML again.

Same problems with both Lion and ML though.

When the "chimera" boot screen comes up, its a picture of a tomato on top and the "apple" for osx on the bottom of the screen. The tutorials have a picture of a cartoon "USB with eyes" on the top of the screen with the apple logo on the bottom. That alone is confusing me..

I tried all of the recommended boot flags in the guide as well as different combos of all of them.

Is there a way to pop that mack kernal kext (what ever you call it) into my USB drive and possible put a driver for the GTX 770 on there as well. Will that help?

Sorry I am such a newb I really am spending time researching all this and your time and response is appreciated!

mesa3077boogie

Ok Im back. Put unibeast on the USB thumb drive, used the recommended flags at the beginning of this thread , also tried the various boot flags from the Guides / 10.8 tutorial and it only boots to the "white with grey apple" screen.

How do I get this beast to work?

Gigabyte GA X79S UP5
EVGA GTX 770 SC
Etc. Etc.

Thanks!

Ok Im back. Put unibeast on the USB thumb drive, used the recommended flags at the beginning of this thread , also tried the various boot flags from the Guides / 10.8 tutorial and it only boots to the "white with grey apple" screen.

How do I get this beast to work?

Gigabyte GA X79S UP5
EVGA GTX 770 SC
Etc. Etc.

Thanks!

If you follow the original OP instructions and you are using 10.8.5, then the boot flags should work, he uses -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1
If your installation stops at a white screen then it sounds graphics related.
Are you on 10.8.5 or an earlier version? What are you getting a verbose text when including the -v
boot flag?

Adrian B

If you follow the original OP instructions and you are using 10.8.5, then the boot flags should work, he uses -v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1
If your installation stops at a white screen then it sounds graphics related.
Are you on 10.8.5 or an earlier version? What are you getting a verbose text when including the -v
boot flag?

Adrian B

Currently booting form ML. It went straight to 10.8.5.

So now I need to research and see what all i need to make 10.8.5 stable and i can surely camp out here for a few years once done.

Got it to work. Somewhat.

Trying to wrap my head around MultiBeast now to see what I actually need.

Will i ever get to the point to where the machine will just boot straight to OS X or will i always have to use those boot flags?

Currently booting form ML. It went straight to 10.8.5.

So now I need to research and see what all i need to make 10.8.5 stable and i can surely camp out here for a few years once done.

Got it to work. Somewhat.

Trying to wrap my head around MultiBeast now to see what I actually need.

Will i ever get to the point to where the machine will just boot straight to OS X or will i always have to use those boot flags?

It should work without having to use the boot flags each time you power on the machine. Try the following MultiBeast 5.5.5 settings. Click the image to enlarge.
You can add the latest chimera boot loader and theme if you like. The standard one will work fine though.

Adrian B

Attachments

• Gigabyte X79.jpg
    Gigabyte X79.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 175
Ok, Finally got a clue to what my problem is. My processor happens to be Ivy Bridge and not the Sandy Bridge processor. I have found a modified mach_Kernel and that has at least gotten me to some error messages that I can now work on. This will most likely be the slowest build I've ever done. Thanks for all the helpful info and I'll keep posting to inform everyone of my progress and what I'm doing to make this work.

Ok, Finally got a clue to what my problem is. My processor happens to be Ivy Bridge and not the Sandy Bridge processor. I have found a modified mach_Kernel and that has at least gotten me to some error messages that I can now work on. This will most likely be the slowest build I've ever done. Thanks for all the helpful info and I'll keep posting to inform everyone of my progress and what I'm doing to make this work.

Did you disable CPU EIST in BIOS?

Ok I performed the entire DIY again and am now getting a 19500 Geekbench in 64 Bit mode!

HOWEVER

*I actually enabled the EIST function in BIOS and it took the score FROM 3045 to 19500 which is the exact opposite of what the DIY reads!!! WTF?

*Only rear USB2 ports work (front 2x USB3 and rear 4x USB3 don't work) even with "genericUSBXHCI.kext" installed with kextbeast.

*no bluetooth! ?

*wifi keeps dropping (have to turn it off and back on again to load the net)

*App store will not let me login, it keeps saying unknown error EVEN after trashing the "NetworkInterfaces.plist" I can login on my mac mini no problem so I am sure that its not a password issue.

*The machine still will not boot straight in. It will only boot with "npci=0x3000" OR "-v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x3000 cpus=1"

*No audio ports work or are showing up in system preferences as available ports. Even with the AppleHDA.kext installed by kextbeast and even with repairing permissions.

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance, I look forward to hearing from you all!

mesa3077boogie

Hello i tried to instal usb 3 with ur kext still didnt work plz help

AUDIO the BEST drivers!!

Having spent several hours sorting out Audio for this motherboard I discovered that VoodooHDA-v2.8.4.pkg was by far the best...having installed it you will probably need to go the Voodoo panel in system preferences and increase the INPUT volume.....this is the ONLY driver that I have discovered which gives you 101% functionality from the inbuilt audio even down to the point where you can specify the exact output you want from it.

IF anyone is having problems getting the installer to work simply put VoodooTSCSync.kext into the EXTRA folder on your USB installer and make sure that

<kext>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-f npci=0x3000</string>

is in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist file'

when you have completed the installation simply do the same to the EXTRA folder on your final install

if you want you can install VoodooTSCSync.kext into SYSTEM LIBRARIES EXTENSIONS but this is not necessary as long as you do have this kext in the EXTRA folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back