Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also have a Ivy Bridge-E system alsot identical to yours. Have you had any luck getting your system out of slow motion...I was able to do it 3 times but I have no idea what I did to get this to happen. Seemed like when I booted from my thumb drive in to my OSX ssd it worked great. Im stuck if you have it working can you fill me in?

Thanks in advance...

it doesn't matter if I boot from thumb drive or harddisk. Systems still runs very slowmotion ...

Have you had more luck?

I am using a 4930k with may X79S UP5... I solved this slow motion by disabling speedstep and turbo in bios but my cpu wasn't detected correctly (3,73 Ghz instead of stock 3,4) and I got severe audio stuttering ... subsequently I re-enabled them in bios after I had had my CPU correctly detected and working audio...

I am using a 4930k with may X79S UP5... I solved this slow motion by disabling speedstep and turbo in bios but my cpu wasn't detected correctly (3,73 Ghz instead of stock 3,4) and I got severe audio stuttering ... subsequently I re-enabled them in bios after I had had my CPU correctly detected and working audio...

Thanks, will try that. What did you do to get your cpu correctly detected?

It's very strange... I only know that, after many attempts and out of desperatiom I installed Chameleon 2,2 r2286... then I discovered that my CPU was ok as well as my audio...I can't figure it out...

@Toonr86 Try disabling K OC or leave it to "AUTO"...

K OC on auto or disable doesn't make a difference.

When I disable turbo the system won't boot ...

Speedstep was already disabled

Does your CPU clock in "about this mac" match BIOS multiplier?

I'm about 90% through my post-installation, boot fine, just no network. Here are my MultiBeast options:

DSDT-Free
Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Without DSDT > ALC898
Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.8.3+ trim Patch
Miscellaneous > Fake SMC v5.3.820
Miscellaneous > USB 3.0 - Universal
Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14
System > Apple ACPIPlatform Rollback > 10.8.1 Rollback
Boot Options > Graphics Enabler=No
Boot Options > Instant Menu
SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i7

I've also installed the 3rd party VoodooTSCSync.kext

EDIT: Solved. I just installed all 4 Network options and did a restart. Not sure which one did it, but it was one of them! Now maybe I can figure out the bluetooth...

Network problems

Hi all!

I am having a problem with this build. Everything else is working great other than my network. It seems to randomly stop working and not working on restarts since I built it a week ago. I've tried both the Multibeast Intel and Realtek drivers. I've usually been able to get it working again by reinstalling the driver and/or deleting NetworkInterface.plist. But today I installed another 32 gigs of ram for a total of 64 gigs and since then I can't get the network to work no matter what I do. Since I was having problems before installing the extra ram I am thinking that might not necessarily be causal. Any ideas? I've read around some people talk about editing your boot file to add the network en(0) etc. The OS sees the network cards just can't acquire ip addreses.

If I can get this to work reliably I think I might just get a pci express network card, preferably dual. Any recommendations are welcome.

thanks

Hi all!

I am having a problem with this build. Everything else is working great other than my network. It seems to randomly stop working and not working on restarts since I built it a week ago. I've tried both the Multibeast Intel and Realtek drivers. I've usually been able to get it working again by reinstalling the driver and/or deleting NetworkInterface.plist. But today I installed another 32 gigs of ram for a total of 64 gigs and since then I can't get the network to work no matter what I do. Since I was having problems before installing the extra ram I am thinking that might not necessarily be causal. Any ideas? I've read around some people talk about editing your boot file to add the network en(0) etc. The OS sees the network cards just can't acquire ip addreses.

If I can get this to work reliably I think I might just get a pci express network card, preferably dual. Any recommendations are welcome.

thanks

Hey I did a ton of research on this build before I made it for a friend. In my travels I read about some instability problems with this MOBO and utilizing all 64Gb of RAM. Maybe try pulling the new sticks out and see if anything happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back