Contribute
Register

New Monterey install failed after the first step and loop reboot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
after a night's sleep. when turning on my machine, this one takes too long to start (again) even though I haven't touched or changed anything... obviously I had deactivated the verbose so I don't know where it stops but the bar under the apple is halfway... i had originally reinstalled my whole system because of this problem. do you know this kind of problem?

I had to do a reset for it to start. 10 days ago it did this to me and it got worse day by day until it wouldn't start anymore... FYI I updated to 12.6.1. maybe the update changed my efi?
My desktop is Frozen…
After a reset i have this (second pics)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
well I think there were problems with the location of my badly copied and duplicated EFI folder... let's see tomorrow!

hello so this morning, when switching on the ssd had to be recognized since I had my boot "picker", the loading was very slow then stopped and it rebooted in the BIos and I could see that my Boot SSD was missing. I turned off and on the restart this time it worked... I don't understand what can happen? 10 days ago it did this to me and it got worse day by day until it wouldn't start at all. Someone would have any idea ?

hello so this morning, when switching on the ssd had to be recognized since I had my boot "picker", the loading was very slow then stopped and it rebooted in the BIos and I could see that my Boot SSD was missing. I turned off and on the restart this time it worked... I don't understand what can happen? 10 days ago it did this to me and it got worse day by day until it wouldn't start at all. Someone would have any idea ?

Hello.

Maybe an SSD which is failing? How old is it?

what I don't understand is that once everything is working, I can restart 10 times if necessary and without any worries. it's when it's turned on in the morning (I should point out that my tower is plugged into a socket with a switch that I turn off every evening)... it's as if it needed to heat up or whatever? I replaced the motherboard battery last week with a new one...

what I don't understand is that once everything is working, I can restart 10 times if necessary and without any worries. it's when it's turned on in the morning (I should point out that my tower is plugged into a socket with a switch that I turn off every evening)... it's as if it needed to heat up or whatever? I replaced the motherboard battery last week with a new one...

Sorry, I don't know then.

There are known "trim" problems with certain Samsung NVME SSDs and macOS Monterey/Ventura causing very long boot times ...

Sorry, I don't know then.

There are known "trim" problems with certain Samsung NVME SSDs and macOS Monterey/Ventura causing very long boot times ...
i have a gigabit ssd... :/

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2022-11-24 à 10.31.52.png
    Capture d’écran 2022-11-24 à 10.31.52.png
    396.2 KB · Views: 21
Are you shutting down the Hack each evening, before the 'switch' turns the power off?
Or
Are you leaving the Hack powered on and allowing the 'switch' to turn off the power, while the Hack is sleeping/suspended?

The latter of the two is a bad way to power off your system and could result in lost data from the drive, if anything is held in volatile memory.

Are you shutting down the Hack each evening, before the 'switch' turns the power off?
Or
Are you leaving the Hack powered on and allowing the 'switch' to turn off the power, while the Hack is sleeping/suspended?

The latter of the two is a bad way to power off your system and could result in lost data from the drive, if anything is held in volatile memory.
no I click on turn off and once the tower is off I turn off the switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back