Contribute
Register

New Monterey install failed after the first step and loop reboot...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z370A PRO
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
WX7100
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a random start problem. indeed, when I turn on my tower, the apple appears with the bar but this one is very slow and if I let it go I end up with a message telling me that my machine has restarted following a problem. I need 5/6 restarts before my system is ok. What do you think is going on? do you think it could be my motherboard battery? Or should I flash the BIOS? (this one dates from 2018, I have never updated it. Thank you.

You need to boot in Verbose mode, i.e. add these three entries -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 to the boot arguments in your config.plist.
  1. -v
    • Forces the system to boot in Verbose mode
  2. debug=0x100
    • This disables macOS's watchdog which helps prevents a reboot on a kernel panic. That way you can hopefully glean some useful info and follow the breadcrumbs to get past the issues
  3. keepsyms=1
    • This is a companion setting to debug=0x100 that tells the OS to also print the symbols on a kernel panic. That can give some more helpful insight as to what's causing the panic itself.
That way when the system kernel panics (reboots) you will be able to take a photo/video of the text on the monitor, which should show the error causing the kernel panic.

Posting a copy of the photo(s) or Video would allow us to see what is happening and possibly offer you a way to fix the issue.

Without additional information we can't help you, we are not psychic or clairvoyant!

You need to boot in Verbose mode, i.e. add these three entries -v debug=0x100 keepsyms=1 to the boot arguments in your config.plist.
  1. -v
  2. debug=0x100
    • This disables macOS's watchdog which helps prevents a reboot on a kernel panic. That way you can hopefully glean some useful info and follow the breadcrumbs to get past the issues
  3. keepsyms=1
    • This is a companion setting to debug=0x100 that tells the OS to also print the symbols on a kernel panic. That can give some more helpful insight as to what's causing the panic itself.
That way when the system kernel panics (reboots) you will be able to take a photo/video of the text on the monitor, which should show the error causing the kernel panic.

Posting a copy of the photo(s) or Video would allow us to see what is happening and possibly offer you a way to fix the issue.

Without additional information we can't help you, we are not psychic or clairvoyant!
I'm going to do what you suggest but I found that in fact my motherboard does not recognize my boot hard drives but not every time... I just replaced the battery, it doesn't change anything but maybe I have a setting that is not good? Is there a page to know how to adjust your motherboard? thank you

Attachments

• 187CD0D0-6070-48A5-834B-83672E070041.jpeg
    187CD0D0-6070-48A5-834B-83672E070041.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
And now my system doesn’t startup…
I try to restart my install using my key and my efi but now everything is written in Russian! I am French! to help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 24
  1. -v
  2. debug=0x100
  3. keepsyms=1

Here my new efi, why is he in russian ?

Attachments

• Config.plist
    31 KB · Views: 25
And now my system doesn’t startup…
I try to restart my install using my key and my efi but now everything is written in Russian! I am French! to help!
you will want to set your "prev-lang:kbd" in your config.plist to French

open your config.plist and look for it
moreover on my machine in fact my system hard disk is no longer recognized in my BIOS, or sometimes it is but my system does not load...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back