Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I did! Is there a resource that shows how this is done? The hackintosh is working great-except for the choppy graphics.

Yes this forum is great. There are tools like Unibeast and Multibeast to make your life easier.

Please check the installation guide section before you get started. Make sure your motherboard matches (or is at least close to) the guide you're looking at.

Once you're done and on your macOS desktop, then you can check back on the first post in this thread to enable WebDrivers for Sierra.

First time setting up a Hackintosh you will definitely make mistakes, but after that it'll get easier. The tools on this forum are super easy to use that anyone can do it.

Yes this forum is great. There are tools like Unibeast and Multibeast to make your life easier.

Please check the installation guide section before you get started. Make sure your motherboard matches (or is at least close to) the guide you're looking at.

Once you're done and on your macOS desktop, then you can check back on the first post in this thread to enable WebDrivers for Sierra.

First time setting up a Hackintosh you will definitely make mistakes, but after that it'll get easier. The tools on this forum are super easy to use that anyone can do it.

I am on the desktop just have horrible graphics, words blurred out etc.. everything else is working great though.

I am on the desktop just have horrible graphics, words blurred out etc.. everything else is working great though.

Your desktop is not being accelerated because the kexts haven't been loaded.

1. Mount your EFI partition with EFI Mounter v3
2. Open the config.plist with PList Editor (Make a backup of your config.plist, always, after each edit and date it)
3. In editor window at the bottom of PList Editor, scroll down all the way towards the end of your config.plist, put this in the section of <key>SystemParameters</key> (you can replace the old one, but make sure not to put in any extra </dict> lines.

Code:
    <key>SystemParameters</key>
    <dict>
        <key>InjectKexts</key>
        <string>YES</string>
        <key>InjectSystemID</key>
        <true/>
        <key>NvidiaWeb</key>
        <true/>
    </dict>

4. Boot normally into macOS. If it is still sluggish/blurry, then your WebDrivers aren't being loaded properly.
5. Follow this post and run Clover EFI again to install EmuVariableUefi-64.
6. Boot normally and it should work ok.

Note: Make sure that nvda_drv=1 is not in your boot arguments in your config.plist before booting back in.

Note 2: If it does boot successfully and all you see is black after the Apple logo loading screen is over, then you need to apply the AGDPFix because you are using the 17,1 or 6,1 profile. I use 14,2 on a Skylake machine and didn't have to deal with this. Just make sure you have applied this fix before doing any of the above if you are using a 17,1 profile.

Last edited:
make sure you don't inject NVidia in Graphics section, if you do, set the key to false.

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
I did as what you said and my computer got in to a loop.. and when I did inject Nvidia ---> it OK but NVRAM = 0MB

Works Thanks!

I had this working, then had to do some BIOS work, which then broke the graphic drivers.

I have:
  • Set config multiple ways
  • "Successfully" installed the proper Nvidia drivers for my Sierra version
  • Tried to set to Nvidia Web Driver
When I set it, I restart the machine, and "OS X Default Graphics..." is reselected - so Web doesn't stick. Perhaps more importantly, I no longer see the card in the ECC list. I want to sort of start from scratch here, but not sure exactly how without undoing a lot of the work I've already done. Something I'm missing? Something Multibeast could maybe fix?

// Resolved

This was fixed by following the procedure at Problem 6 in this thread. After 3 days of configuring and reconfiguring Clover, I did not really trust the install, but it worked! I did need to add the 'Install RC Scripts' step to get it going, but all is well now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 2.35.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 2.35.11 PM.png
    110.5 KB · Views: 372
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 2.36.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 2.36.43 PM.png
    73.5 KB · Views: 367
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 2.37.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 2.37.36 PM.png
    56.7 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
I cannot seem to enable the webdrivers, either when I tried with the beta, or now. Had no problems in El Capitan. I tried with no editing (not enabled), I edited the config file, adding the language in the OP, no change. I removed nv_disable=1 (I didn't have nvda_drv=1 because this was a clean install) and I get past the clover screen but the monitor turns off with no signal after getting the initial apple splash screen.
There must be a something I'm missing.
I have the same problem, it directly turns of after the apple logo.

It doesn't work. After screen loading, I have "no signal" for my display port.

I can only start if i disable "Nvidia Web Driver" in Clover boot but image is very slow.

I also have "no signal" after the loading screen.

I have a GTX 950 and this solution does not work. Does anyone else with a 950 have success?

nvda_drv=1
still working here, aswell as
nv_disable=1

By adding "nv_disable=1" to boot args, I was able to resolve the issue. The system now boots with NVIDIA web drivers (finally)!

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, I had gone through the normal fixes. I do use the iMac 17,1 definition, but the config edit fix didn't work. I actually tried a few of the fixes on that linked post just to rule them out.

Like I said originally, the web drivers worked with my 10.11.6 install, thought it took so modification. Same modifications dont work with 10.12, and neither do any other normal fixes.

Seems like someone else should be having a similar issue.
... same issue here...

This is my first build and I'm slowly working through the glitches, one of them is getting the graphics working properly with my GTX 750Ti Graphics card.

I've read lots of posts on this forum and done the following:
Nvidia drivers installed: 10.12.2 (16C68) - 367.15.10.25f02

Updated config.plist
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

In Multibeast iMac set to 14,2

The drivers are installed as I've got the Nvidia Driver Manager options, but it always defaults to OSX Default Graphics Driver and I can't get it to stick with the Nvidia Web Drivers

My build:
Intel Core i7 6700K Processor
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32 GB
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Motherboard
Gigabyte NVIDIA GTX 750Ti Graphics

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 234
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 21.52.44.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 21.52.44.png
    73 KB · Views: 250
  • Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 22.23.35.png