Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
See MyHero Build description after the MulitBeast configuration picture for a step by step procedure > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...imus-viii-hero-i7-6700k-gtx-980.197284/#Notes
I've done everything as mentioned but still have a driver issue. it doesn't work at all. I send you my config list file and bootlog too. What do you think? I must tell that I made a clover boot update on my installation and the boot doesn't load and stop. But if I use the USB key I used to install Sierra and choose my new installation it works (it boot and I have the Sierra desktop functional. the Nvidia card is recognized but doesn't work with the driver). Why that? I made and remade the install a few time but I still have this issue (with the bootloader) it only works with the USB key .If you have an idea?

I've done everything as mentioned but still have a driver issue. it doesn't work at all. I send you my config list file and bootlog too. What do you think? I must tell that I made a clover boot update on my installation and the boot doesn't load and stop. But if I use the USB key I used to install Sierra and choose my new installation it works (it boot and I have the Sierra desktop functional. the Nvidia card is recognized but doesn't work with the driver). Why that? I made and remade the install a few time but I still have this issue (with the bootloader) it only works with the USB key .If you have an idea?
This might sound silly, but I did it, so maybe you need help too.

Did you run MultiBeast for post installation? If so, you shouldn't need USB anymore.

I tried this with the above EFI Mounter and changed the text to match what tonymacx86 posted. I only changed the word false to true, and, now after I start up my machine, it loads through the Apple screen then nothing but black. Any way I can reset what I did?

I tried this with the above EFI Mounter and changed the text to match what tonymacx86 posted. I only changed the word false to true, and, now after I start up my machine, it loads through the Apple screen then nothing but black. Any way I can reset what I did?

Use the Clover options menu at the boot screen to disable it.

Chameleon in gerneral works already with Sierra!
To use new Nvidia Web driver (old way with key in org.chameleon.Boot.plist not work anymore in Sierra, bceause now it uses/checks NVRAM value), you have to add the FileNVRAM. dylib and in /L/E FileNVRAM.kext.
Then reboot.
Then sudo nvram nvda_drv=1
an nvram....plist will be generated in /Extra (and used on boot time)
Then reboot - Now Web Drivers should be loaded.

uploaded needed set for NVRAM with chameleon (10.11 and Sierra working).

Hey man, you helped me with this method until SIERRA 10.12.2, I had to reinstall it and updated to the latest version and NVIDIA WEB DRIVER won't load again even with your method...any hint?

thanks in advance

Just putting in my two cents (with the Z170 setup seen in my signature) and 2x980Ti's. Initially wasn't able to get it to work, but installing the EmuVariableUefi-64 from Clover package (you can run again, and hit customize) made it work fine. Now both cards work fine and are accelerated along with CUDA.

Like mentioned in the original post in this thread, you must remove nvidia flags from the boot arguments from your config file (I use PList Editor) from your EFI partition.

Code:
4. Remove Boot/Arguments/nvda_drv=1 if necessary

Note: I'm using the 14,2 defintion for on a Skylake system, if you want 17,1, you must apply the AGDPfix to get rid of the black screen after the Apple boot logo.

Attachments

• sierranvidiamethod.jpg
    sierranvidiamethod.jpg
    603.4 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
I'm a total rookie, trying to help my 15 year old and am failing in a grand way.

I would like to do what is suggested in this article however I don't even know where to begin with #1 and #2. Don't even know where to go to start trying to do these things. I have searched for a detailed step by step but have had no luck. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

I'm a total rookie, trying to help my 15 year old and am failing in a grand way.

I would like to do what is suggested in this article however I don't even know where to begin with #1 and #2. Don't even know where to go to start trying to do these things. I have searched for a detailed step by step but have had no luck. Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

You should know a little bit about editing the config.plist file either with clover or a PList editor (Preferred). Hackintoshes are easy to set up, but not for the faint of heard if you don't have a bit of knowledge on how to do it.

You should know a little bit about editing the config.plist file either with clover or a PList editor (Preferred). Hackintoshes are easy to set up, but not for the faint of heard if you don't have a bit of knowledge on how to do it.

I wish I did! Is there a resource that shows how this is done? The hackintosh is working great-except for the choppy graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back