Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've done like you say in this guide, but now everytime I reboot the Hackintosh saying to reboot using NVIDIA gpu it restarts using "OS X internal GPU" what should I do?

Edit: Now it boots up with the NVIDIA drivers and get through the charging screen but then the screen goes black and i cant do anything

Last edited:
I never got a response so I'm going to repost my problem from a couple pages back:

I am also going to quote onx because I am having the exact problem he was having and I've done everything he's summarized here.

Any ideas?
My problem was in corrupted AppleGraphicsControl.kext. I used some of patches for it and they prevented to normal working of drivers.

My problem was in corrupted AppleGraphicsControl.kext. I used some of patches for it and they prevented to normal working of drivers.
What did you use to patch it?

What did you use to patch it?
I used AGDPFix but I have done it incorrect or something else so it not worked. For my luck this patch creates backup and after I saw alert I restored kext and done all steps from manual.
And I finally done it. Randomly I saw an alert window "System extension cannot be used" (idk why it appeared only now) with path to AppleGraphicsControl.kext. I decided to check permissions and saw that my user was owner of this kext, not the root. After fixing permissions and reboot everything works fine.
View attachment 219464

I used AGDPFix but I have done it incorrect or something else so it not worked. For my luck this patch creates backup and after I saw alert I restored kext and done all steps from manual.
Hmm I don't have a black screen issue though. I have an issue with OS X reading NVIDIA Web Driver.

Good afternoon, I come to you as my last resort since I am desperate.
I've updated The Captain to Sierra, and when I install the latest nvidia drivers, currently those of 10.12.1, when I reboot the pc, before I finish loading the apple bar, the computer restarts me ... and for To enter it, I have to inject nv_disable = 1, which cancels the graphics of my gtx970, I can not find any solution and I hope you can help me, PLEASE I ASK YOU, I'M DESPERATE !! thank you very much for everything

This is how I finally got mine up and running.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-10-12-nvidia-2-3-4-5-6-7-9xx-series-black-screen.203430/

Good afternoon, I come to you as my last resort since I am desperate.
I've updated The Captain to Sierra, and when I install the latest nvidia drivers, currently those of 10.12.1, when I reboot the pc, before I finish loading the apple bar, the computer restarts me ... and for To enter it, I have to inject nv_disable = 1, which cancels the graphics of my gtx970, I can not find any solution and I hope you can help me, PLEASE I ASK YOU, I'M DESPERATE !! thank you very much for everything

I just did it and it still does not work ... when it's too short for the bar to finish ... I reboot the computer ... I do not know what else to do ... :(

Hit the space bar. Boot verbose and post image of where it's stuck & Post you config.plist.

I just did it and it still does not work ... when it's too short for the bar to finish ... I reboot the computer ... I do not know what else to do ... :(
Hit the space bar. Boot verbose and post image of where it's stuck & Post you config.plist.
But, not here. Don't hijack this thread. Open a new thread. TIA. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back