Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was my own fault, I completely ignored the option of injecting GPU information in Clevo boot menu.

Same here

I changed the symbios for a mac pro 13 and now Mac does not start , maybe I must change for another mac pro or imac

Mac Pro 3.1 is no longer supported, the basic default is iMac 14.2, Mac Pro 5.1, 6.1 work in Sierra.

20161110_185850.jpg

And I finally done it. Randomly I saw an alert window "System extension cannot be used" (idk why it appeared only now) with path to AppleGraphicsControl.kext. I decided to check permissions and saw that my user was owner of this kext, not the root. After fixing permissions and reboot everything works fine.
View attachment 219464
How exactly did you do that? I can't make my driver work.
Screen Shot 2016-11-11 at 3.51.55 PM.png

I followed a guide for my motherboard msi z170a gaming m3 and I used the apdgfix.

josemsn1382, plz help me with some information. You followed this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-msi-z170a-gaming-m5-i7-6700k-gtx-970.198297/ right?
But you are running macOS Sierra, and the guide is for El Capitan.

I did another clean install following this guide plus I changed my config.plist to enable the nVidia driver (this post instructions)

Now, instead of "Display 7mb" shows "MSI Geforce GTX 960 0MB", but I still have no 3d acceleration.

Can you please describe what did you do?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 12.45.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-11-12 at 12.45.13 AM.png
    3 MB · Views: 144
Yes I followed that guide, I make a clean installation of Sierra 10.12.1, i only changed
  1. At "RtVariables", make sure that BooterConfig is "0x28" and CsrActiveConfig is "0x67"
And I installed the apdgfix 1.3

I never got a response so I'm going to repost my problem from a couple pages back:

Hello, I have done what is in the instructions down to a T and still cannot get my graphics card to work. I've installed the right drivers and I've switched to iMac 14.2 for better compatibility. I'm not sure what else to do now. I've attached my config.plist here.

I am also going to quote onx because I am having the exact problem he was having and I've done everything he's summarized here.

Hi! I read the whole thread and have tried all suggestions but can't make to load Nvidia drivers: system just starts working like slideshow. What I have done:
  • Installed latest NVIDIA Web drivers
  • Changed config.plist:
    • removed flag "nvda_drv = 1"
    • ensured that there is no flag "nv_disable = 1"
    • checked "Inject system ID"
    • checked "NvidiaWeb"

Any ideas?

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 240
Status
Not open for further replies.