Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
That argument no longer works in Sierra. Please read instructions.
Hi,

Thank, but I have read instructions, but don't work...
boot loop without argument nv_disable=1

Thank, but I have read instructions, but don't work...
boot loop without argument nv_disable=1

Change Inject Nvidia to false
Code:
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

Change Inject Nvidia to false
Code:
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>
Hi,

Yes, i do that but don't ok
I attached my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 293
Hi! I read the whole thread and have tried all suggestions but can't make to load Nvidia drivers: system just starts working like slideshow. My previous El Capitan installation worked good with Nvidia GTX970 and now I make clean Sierra installation with Clover 3899 bootloader. What I have done:
  • Installed latest NVIDIA Web drivers
  • Disabled CSR protection
  • Patch policies by AGDPFix 1.3
  • Changed config.plist:
    • removed flag "nvda_drv = 1"
    • ensured that there is no flag "nv_disable = 1"
    • checked "Inject system ID"
    • checked "NvidiaWeb"

All this steps gave me no result: just slideshow-freezing screen even without black screen while loading OS. I made some experiments with flags but have no success. I noticed that if to enable "Inject Nvidia" then in About This Mac > Graphics displayed videocard's model name with 0 Mb memory. If to disable "Inject Nvidia" there is "Display 8 MB".

And what I'm doing wrong?

PS. GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 | i7 6700K | GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.9 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
Hello, I have done what is in the instructions down to a T and still cannot get my graphics card to work. I've installed the right drivers and I've switched to iMac 14.2 for better compatibility. I'm not sure what else to do now. I've attached my config.plist here.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.6 KB · Views: 144
Hi! I read the whole thread and have tried all suggestions but can't make to load Nvidia drivers: system just starts working like slideshow. My previous El Capitan installation worked good with Nvidia GTX970 and now I make clean Sierra installation with Clover 3899 bootloader. What I have done:
  • Installed latest NVIDIA Web drivers
  • Disabled CSR protection
  • Patch policies by AGDPFix 1.3
  • Changed config.plist:
    • removed flag "nvda_drv = 1"
    • ensured that there is no flag "nv_disable = 1"
    • checked "Inject system ID"
    • checked "NvidiaWeb"

All this steps gave me no result: just slideshow-freezing screen even without black screen while loading OS. I made some experiments with flags but have no success. I noticed that if to enable "Inject Nvidia" then in About This Mac > Graphics displayed videocard's model name with 0 Mb memory. If to disable "Inject Nvidia" there is "Display 8 MB".

And what I'm doing wrong?

PS. GA-Z170X-Gaming 5 | i7 6700K | GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
I'm still looking for solution but no success. I've installed EmuVariableUefi-64 and NVIDIA Web Driver stored selected value (before this it's showed "OS X Default Driver" every time after reboot). About this Mac shows "NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB".

I'm still looking for solution but no success. I've installed EmuVariableUefi-64 and NVIDIA Web Driver stored selected value (before this it's showed "OS X Default Driver" every time after reboot). About this Mac shows "NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB".
And I finally done it. Randomly I saw an alert window "System extension cannot be used" (idk why it appeared only now) with path to AppleGraphicsControl.kext. I decided to check permissions and saw that my user was owner of this kext, not the root. After fixing permissions and reboot everything works fine.
Снимок экрана 2016-11-07 в 22.55.49.png

Till now nobody knows how to solve problems related to macOS Sierra on Lenovo Y50 FHD?

So finally found the solution for vram 7Mo or 0Mo :headbang:
it seem that i can't use the DVI port of gpu in macOS, when i connect my display via HDMI it boots to OS with gpu successfully recognized (with inject nvidia disabled) ! :D
The DVI port is completely unusable in os x with nvidia web driver, even after booting with display connected to HDMI when i connect another display to DVI port system freezes and get restarted

20161108_192105.jpg
Hi , I made a clean installation for Sierra 10.12.1 . After the installation I had no problems with my on board ethernet and my external sound card but the problems is with my gtx 960 2gb , only appears 3mb. Other problem that I have is when I restart after the apple logo, it changes like the screen shot that I show u. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back