Contribute
Register

New Method for Enabling NVIDIA Web Drivers in Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to get it work by editing my system definitions and turn off SIP in the config ;) working great now

What did you change your system definition to?

I followed the instructions for enabling nvidia web drivers without success. The system keeps on rebooting and "About this Mac" sees only 7MB of RAM. The only way to successfully boot is to put "nv_disable=1" in the boot arguments. Can someone please help me? Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170X-gaming5 - Graphic Card: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 960

I had the same issue.

I fixed it by updating Clover using Clover configurator and update Clover configurator as well. Latest version of Clover Configurator sensed the NVIDIA GTX960 and automatically put the NvidiaWeb enter into the plist, I saved the config.plist and rebooted - all good!

Hope that helps

So, Could I get a clarification? If you do a clean install of 10.12.1 and you use Multibeast after you still must edit the Plist to get a newer Nvidia card to work, even though it will boot to the installer, with the latest Unibeast?
If you are upgrading from the App store a Clover install of ElCap or using a Unibeast installer to Upgrade to Sierra you will definitely need to edit the Plist as noted?
You can edit the Plist with the built-in text editor but it is not the preferred method?
Multibeast current does not have this need correction?
What is needed to boot Sierra clean as a boot argument correction for a non-native Nvidia Card? Nothing?

Last edited:
With the newest update of Sierra that I downloaded from the mac app store ((BuildNo. 16B2657) the nvidia web drivers aren't available right? so using NvidiaWeb wouldn't make a difference even with an older web driver already installed?

I had the same issue.

I fixed it by updating Clover using Clover configurator and update Clover configurator as well. Latest version of Clover Configurator sensed the NVIDIA GTX960 and automatically put the NvidiaWeb enter into the plist, I saved the config.plist and rebooted - all good!

Hope that helps
so you have your 2/4 GB of vram? I've got a 960 and I'm stuck using my IGPU as I cant seem to boot with nvda_drv=1 ticked.

so you have your 2/4 GB of vram? I've got a 960 and I'm stuck using my IGPU as I cant seem to boot with nvda_drv=1 ticked.
Yes the Vram shows up correctly! mine in 2GB.
Clover must be updated to get the Nvidia Card to work properly on Sierra.

Sierra doesnt use nvda_drv=1 or at least it doesnot do anything any more.

You have to place the NvidiaWeb stuff in config.plist (See post 1) however if you update Clover Configurator it will do this for you.

Cheers

Paul

Hi,

Don't work for me. I have update clover and update Nvidia driver.
Sierra boot just with argument nv_disable=1 without boot loop.
Sans titre.png

Regards,

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 170
Hi,

Don't work for me. I have update clover and update Nvidia driver.
Sierra boot just with argument nv_disable=1 without boot loop.
View attachment 218903

Regards,
That argument no longer works in Sierra. Please read instructions.

just saw that actually and I was about to post that but thanks :)

Yes the Vram shows up correctly! mine in 2GB.
Clover must be updated to get the Nvidia Card to work properly on Sierra.

Sierra doesnt use nvda_drv=1 or at least it doesnot do anything any more.

You have to place the NvidiaWeb stuff in config.plist (See post 1) however if you update Clover Configurator it will do this for you.

Cheers

Paul
Will keep in mind, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back