Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra
CPU
i9-10900K
Graphics
RX 580
@Edhawk

So, I got my machine back, and I folllowed the Dortonia Guide for setting up an OC config.plist for comet lake (have the Gigabyte Z490 I Aorus Ultra MB and Core I-9 10900K). I went into BIOS and made the recommended changes from the TonyMacx86 installation guide. I created a boot stick using my new EFI folder, again following the Dortonia guide. I set the BIOS to boot from the stick, and selected my MacOS Monterey installation. Everything booted up, I got to my sign in screen, but as soon as I entered my password, the system crashed and restarted. The cycle repeated. The one message I get as my thumb drive EFI is engaging is “OCS: No schema for Delete at 7 index, context <kernel>!” Could that be an issue? What else might I try? I am so close! Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Post a copy of your EFI folder so we can see what you are using.

Just make sure to remove/redact your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID from the config.plist before posting a copy.

Post a copy of your EFI folder so we can see what you are using.

Just make sure to remove/redact your Serial Number, MLB, ROM and SystemUUID from the config.plist before posting a copy.

@Edhawk Thanks for taking a look. Here's the EFI folder with the serials/IDs redacted.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.3 MB · Views: 57
Gigabyte Z490 board using Comet Lake. This may fix some issues... (on my board it will not even boot with this on)

(Critical) Under Booter>Quirks, change SetupVirtualMap to False. Fixes SetVirtualAddresses calls to virtual addresses, however broken due to Comet Lake's memory protections. ASUS, Gigabyte and AsRock boards will not boot with this on.

Gigabyte Z490 board using Comet Lake.

(Critical) Under Booter>Quirks, change SetupVirtualMap to False. Fixes SetVirtualAddresses calls to virtual addresses, however broken due to Comet Lake's memory protections. ASUS, Gigabyte and AsRock boards will not boot with this on.
Thank You! I’ll update after I’ve done this!

Thank You! I’ll update after I’ve done this!
@JBX It didn't help. Same thing. :( Got to the sign in screen, entered my password, and the machine rebooted.

Last edited:
@JBX It didn't help. Same thing. :( Got to the sign in screen, and the machine reeboted.

Hi there.

I guess you are using the Intel Bluetooth and wireless? You are missing the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext.

The error you quote in post #1 is caused by the config.plist being created for a different version of OpenCore to the one you are using ...

(I recently built on a Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra.)

:)

Reactions: JBX
Yes if that is the case, you should use the sample.plist file from the OC release you are using. I always start with that as good practice.

Will leave this with UtterDisbellief since it is the exact mobo. Thanks

Yes if that is the case, you should use the sample.plist file from the OC release you are using. I always start with that as good practice.

Will leave this with UtterDisbelief since it is the exact mobo. Thanks
Hi, yes... I downloaded OC 0.7.9 and used the sample .plist that was in there, and used the X64 folder to build my EFI... so, I'm not sure where the conflict lies.

UtterDisbellief said:
Hi there.

I guess you are using the Intel Bluetooth and wireless? You are missing the IntelBluetoothInjector.kext.

The error you quote in post #1 is caused by the config.plist being created for a different version of OpenCore to the one you are using ...

(I recently built on a Gigabyte Z490i Aorus Ultra.)

So, I added the injector kext and took a clean ProperTree snapshot. I got a little further, it tried to identify my keyboard before it crashed. I'm going to upload the latest EFI folder, as it reflects the additional kext and the change in the Boot quirk that @JBX suggested. Sigh. Thanks for the help, fellas. I'm desperate to get back...

Reactions: JBX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back