CPU
i7-4790K OC @ 4.8GHz
Graphics
Vega 64LC + HD4600
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Im struggling to get to get Whatevergreen to show up in Hackintool. It says, NO. I've installed in L/E and I even tried it in Other. What gives?

@NorthAmTransAm,

Usual cause of this is that Lilu and WhatEverGreen versions are either incompatible/not pre-linked (one compiled against the other) or not installed correctly, suggest you re-download the current release versions of Lilu and WhatEverGreen (+ any other lilu plug-in's you need) and install into /L/E (see Kext Guide and/or Lilu Guide for more info)

Note: There was an issue with Lilu 1.3.0 that stopped it working with some 1.2.X plug-in's, make sure to use Lilu version 1.3.1 + latest version of WEG, AppleALC .. etc

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Z370-A Prime
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@NorthAmTransAm,

Usual cause of this is that Lilu and WhatEverGreen versions are either incompatible/not pre-linked (one compiled against the other) or not installed correctly, suggest you re-download the current release versions of Lilu and WhatEverGreen (+ any other lilu plug-in's you need) and install into /L/E (see kext guide for more info)

Note: There was an issue with Lilu 1.3.0 that stopped it working with some 1.2.X plug-in's, make sure to use Lilu version 1.3.1 + latest version of WEG, AppleALC .. etc

Cheers
Jay
Perfect. Worked like a charm. What's weird about the AppleALC on my end is that in Hackintool once I removed the old Realtek kext it no longer shows up as an option. I think High Sierra multibeast has it though so no sweat I guess. Just a note.

Edit:

Actually, I changed my ID to 7 in clover and it the audio sorted out. Now I'm back to WEG showing up as a NO. Head scratcher.

Last edited:
Motherboard
Asus Z370-A Prime
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
@NorthAmTransAm,

Glad it got you sorted ...

Cheers
Jay
Only sort of though. The audio worked and now the WEG doesn't. Hmm.

Edit: old version of Lilu. Works fine. Thanks! Side note however: WEG allowed me to enable headless platform for igpu use. This is great but if you use screen share from another computer it's incredibly laggy.

Last edited:
Motherboard
msi Z170M Mortar
CPU
intel i7 6700k
Graphics
Radeon R9 280X
I'm using all 3 of these kexts and all is good! I totally forgot all about AppleALC - thanks so much!
Hi,
i've been having the same black screen issue after upgrading my gpu to sapphire nitro+ rx580. However the 3 kexts have not solved my issue any other thoughts on what i should try. I am quite desperate for a fix. thanks

corint1

Suspended
Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS X HERO WI-FI AC
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
do you think it is opportune to introduce the id from RADEON VII to WEG? do you think it will improve performance? or expect a final driver from Apple? thank you and sorry for my intervention if it seems infantile ...