Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, I love the new Mac mini for the four tb3 ports but except the price and onboard SSD. So I wonder if it's possible to have both HW Full acceleration (Decoding and Encoding)? How is h.264/h265 video encoding in FCPX? I also wonder if TB3 would be possible to be fully supported? (RehabMan I knew you do have TB3 devices, I am curious whether it is possible though.)
Decoding using QuickTime + Sony Camp HEVC video works. Encoding in H.264/H.265 is also functioning when using ffmpeg + hevc/h264_videotoolbox. I didn't try FCPX though.

FYI: Made some changes to the NUC repo to help with the USB type-C when used with DP monitor.

See guide thread/github commit for details.

Thanks to @RehabMan's guide, I finally install Mojave into my nuc8i5bek.

Everything looks find, but bluetooth and wifi is not working here.

I wonder if there any solution for the bluetooth problem?

Sry I switched windows and macOS almost hourly... :)

This is supposed to work on macOS with other CPU’s as well...

https://github.com/sicreative/VoltageShift
Thanks! I did -120 mV on CPU and -50 mV on GPU, so far so good.

Thanks to @RehabMan's guide, I finally install Mojave into my nuc8i5bek.

Everything looks find, but bluetooth and wifi is not working here.

I wonder if there any solution for the bluetooth problem?

I disabled on-board Wi-Fi and BT in BIOS. For BT, you can find a Broadcom/CSR based Wi-Fi dongle and it should work OOB or with RehabMan's patch. Wi-Fi on the other hand, no. But if you have the BEH model, you can use the M.2 slot for Wi-Fi with an adaptor.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 1.34.33 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at 1.34.33 pm.png
    521.2 KB · Views: 278
Thanks! I did -120 mV on CPU and -50 mV on GPU, so far so good.

I disabled on-board Wi-Fi and BT in BIOS. For BT, you can find a Broadcom/CSR based Wi-Fi dongle and it should work OOB or with RehabMan's patch. Wi-Fi on the other hand, no. But if you have the BEH model, you can use the M.2 slot for Wi-Fi with an adaptor.

OK, so there is no methods to get BT on the board to work find?

There is another wired problems, my nuc8i5bek will reboot without any reason after I use for about 5~10 minutes.

OK, so there is no methods to get BT on the board to work find?

There is another wired problems, my nuc8i5bek will reboot without any reason after I use for about 5~10 minutes.
macOS provides limited support for Intel Bluetooth. Some features remains to function like pairing with your BT headset, but others might not. I just happened to have a compatible BT dongle lying around and stopped to use the internal Intel one.

Hi all, i have some problems, maybe someone can help me. I´ve installed High Sierra on my NUC 7, update to Mojave and the system works fine. No I´ve change the hdd to my new NUC8I5. The shutdown problem solved. But no i have some other problems.

1. long boot ime, around 1 min.
2. No audio detected
3. no bluetooth.

any idea? maybe someone with same NUC can upload his efi file system?

thx in advance for every help

Hi all, i have some problems, maybe someone can help me. I´ve installed High Sierra on my NUC 7, update to Mojave and the system works fine. No I´ve change the hdd to my new NUC8I5. The shutdown problem solved. But no i have some other problems.

1. long boot ime, around 1 min.
2. No audio detected
3. no bluetooth.

any idea? maybe someone with same NUC can upload his efi file system?

thx in advance for every help

See guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc7i7bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back