Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @dong100136,
I received my nuc8i5bek yesterday and tried to install macOS on it without success.

I don't know what BIOS settings I need to adapt. Several can be found (like VT-d) but others like XHCI not.
My first try with clover showed only a black screen and nothing happened.

Can you tell me which BIOS settings you have changed?
I would be also very thankful if you could provide your clover settings.
I leave everthing untouched in clover except checking "Installation for UEFI-Motherboards"
Thanks

Poncho

Follow the guide carefully:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc7i7bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/

I also tried your guide. But with your settings my system freezes sometimes. With my not recommended dsdt and settings it performs very stable.

Did you have any freezes?

Last edited:
I also tried your guide. But with your settings my system freezes sometimes. With my not recommended dsdt and settings it performs very stable.

Did you have any freezes?

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi @RehabMan!

Following a successful first installation on a NUC8i5BEK, I try to do it once again for someone else but I really struggle.
It is the fifth time I follow your guide and start from fresh, and know it nearly by heart.
I made sure also that it wasn't a hardware issue by mixing my 2 setups.
Using the first USB key that was used for the first successful install doesn't help.
Both BIOS use version 48.
To make sure, BIOS settings were not the source of the issue, I extracted the BIOS profile and used it in the new NUC.

still I face reboot when I arrive at the page during the installation on the SSD where I need to choose the country.

Any idea please?

Hi @RehabMan!

Following a successful first installation on a NUC8i5BEK, I try to do it once again for someone else but I really struggle.
It is the fifth time I follow your guide and start from fresh, and know it nearly by heart.
Using the first USB key that was used for the first successful install doesn't help.
To make sure, BIOS settings were not the source of the issue, I extracted the BIOS profile and used it in the new NUC.

still I face reboot when I arrive at the page during the installation on the SSD where I need to choose the country.

Any idea please?

Reply in guide thread with problem reporting files.

change your whole clover folder and load bios defaults and disable secureboot.

Note that the NUC8i7BEH-USB.kext is not coded correctly.
Use USBInjectAll.kext (as my guide does...)

Note that the NUC8i7BEH-USB.kext is not coded correctly.
Use USBInjectAll.kext (as my guide does...)
Hi @RehabMan!

Any idea please?
Hi @NicoLeOca, I had the same problem as you.
I also do have the NUC8i5BEK and I was successful by following @Vanessag steps including copying her provided CLOVER folder.
I did not replaced any kext files but I also did not have issues so far.

Cheers
poncho

two issues i have to fix. It crashes, when i eject the sd-card. And speedstep is not workling correctly at the moment. It does not use min 800Mhz. It only goes down to 1300Mhz.

And may it is not all patched correctly. But it works without patching anything. Only defaults. disable secureboot. Change clover-folder an have fun.

And im working to fix the rest. But for beginners its a easy and light way to run with the nuc on mojave

Last edited:
NUC8i7BEH-USB.kext is not coded correctly

may you can explain what is not correct, that i can fix it? It's not realy different from your SSDT. So whats wrong with my kext? I am a total beginner and it is one of my first usb-kexts. I dont have any coding experience. So may you want explain, what the problem is, with the kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back